22. Death Notes.

We pulled up at the race track ten minutes before the races would begin.

"We have stopped," I chuckled at Chloe as she still clutched onto me.

"My legs are broken, I can't move," she squeaked.

"You alright Chloe, now hurry up because heaps of dudes are glaring at me and its creeping my out," I whispered the last bit as I noticed the other races shooting me annoyed looks, my eyes skimmed across Zac's face when I noticed his cold glare directed at me. It smelled like jealously. But I couldn't be sure. What if Tabitha had told everyone?

Chloe finally got off and I pushed my bike over to my stall as she followed. I frowned noticing the little piece of paper taped to the side of my stall.

Reading it my frown deepened into a scowl.

Jack,
Do you really think you can win this? You're pathetic. Take yourself and your stupid cousin back to where ever you came from or you will not live to see the next race.

I let out a growl and Chloe looked up at me questionably I showed her the note and her face hardened.

"Who would write that?" She growled pointing to the note.

"Other races, people who don't like losing," I said lowly so no one around would hear my girl voice.

"That's just stupid, ignore it, it's probably some bad prank," Chloe told me and I nodded in agreement.

"Did you get a note?" Someone asked coming up to my stall and gesturing towards the note in Chloe's hands.

"Yeah," I grumbled scowling at the piece of paper.

"Ignore it, it's probably the racers, have you noticed that everyone is looking at you like you killed someone?" I looked around and the other racers were still sending me death glares.

"Wait does Mr Taylor know about you?" Chloe whispered beside me and I nodded my head.

"I saw that, I'm not sure what I did though," I mumbled sourly.

"Get ready racers! The race will commence in five minutes, so please bring your bike up to your lines," the commentator boomed and I pushed the thoughts of the notes and the hateful glares that I was getting so I could focus on the race.

"Good luck guys I'll meet you at the finish line," Chloe smiled at us I nodded as I couldn't reply with my voice due to the fact that there was so many people around.

I lined up my bike next to Toby giving him a nod of my head which he returned.

"Two minutes racers, hurry your butt up!" the commentator reminded us and the rest of the racers set their bikes up.

The guy next to me shot me another hateful glare and said something under his breath that I didn't catch, but apparently Toby did.

"Oh for god's sake shut up and focus on the bloody race," Toby snapped at him.

"Well cutting people's fuel lines are just low," the racer snapped back and I had to hold in my laugh as I recognised the voice. It was bloody Scott.

"Jack didn't do it idiot," Mr Taylor rolled his eyes at Scott.

"Than how come he was the only one that didn't get their lines cut? Even you got yours cut but you still defend him," Scott gave Toby a hard glare.

"He had his bike with him the whole time," Toby pointed out.

"Guys stop your bickering, and race," Jesse snapped at the three of us and I held my hands up in surrender getting onto my bike.

"Okay racers! Are you ready!?" The commentator asked and each racer in line gave a thumbs up, including me.

"Than start your engines!" He instructed when everyone had stuck up their thumb. We did as we were told and I smile slid onto my face at the familiar crackle of the engine.

"On your marks! Get set!" He paused and I got into position.

"Go!"

With his word I lifted my leg and sped off making my way into fifth place behind Toby as Jesse took the lead with Kain and Blake trailing behind him.

I sped up riding alongside Mr. Taylor and he shot me a side glance I put my head down speeding up and dodging past Blake as I turned the first corner.

Going faster Toby trailed behind me and tried to take over Blake, but Blake cut him off before he could get past.

Focusing on my driving as we hit the dirt I sped up trying to catch up to Kain who was a corner in front. I saw his bike wobbled and he slowed down as he turned the dirt corner I took this as my opportunity to get closer so I sped up turning the corner that Kain had wobbled on skilfully, he hit the asphalt just as I came around and I sped up pushing my bike faster.

It was a three lap race so I knew I had time as we completed the first lap. I noticed Toby had finally passed Blake and just as Kain was going around the corner he turned to wide and me and Mr Taylor slipped through.

We sped up but I couldn't see Jesse, "and Jesse hits the dirt!"

I smiled to myself as I saw the dirt come up and Jesse familiar bike in the distance. As he slows for each corner I gain on him with Toby close behind.

Just as we hit our last race I was trailing him and he must of noticed because he pushed faster. Turning the first corner skilfully at the speed he was going caused me to have no chance at a cut off.

As we hit the dirt I sped up and Toby drove beside me and we went on either side of Jesse. He noticed our movement and swerved to block me but just as he was blocking me Mr Taylor overtook him and turned the dirt corner first.

I knew he cursed to himself as he sped up trailing Toby, but him being to caught up in his trailing he wasn't prepared for the change back to asphalt.

His bike wobbled noticeable and I sped up knocking the back wheel straight as Toby slowed down and did the front wheel. He did the guy thank you thingy and slowed down to let me past.

I drove next to him not taking the spot he had opened for me but he kept slowing, I huffed not wanting to win second place through a freebie and as we were ten meters away from the line I dropped back forcing Jesse to take second place as he wasn't planned for it.

I completed the lap after him, "in first place Toby Taylor! In second place Jesse Frey! And in third Jack Skye!"

"Battling it out in the finals are, Jesse Frey, Toby Taylor, Jack Skye, Kain Lockly, Blake Love, Zachary Hux!" the commentator announced as the remaining racers passed the line.

I pulled into my stall growling under my breath as I saw the familiar slut, known as my mother.

Turning off my bike I shot daggers at her waiting for her to say something first as she turned to face me.

"You know I really didn't think that my daughter had a cousin named Jack, then I realised that she didn't and it was just a shortening of her name," she gave me a pointed look.

Closing the shutters so that no one could see me as I changed or hear my mother.

Taking off my helmet I pulled out my back pack taking off my boy jacket and shorts as I had just worn skinny jeans and my singlet underneath my outfit.

Stuffing the boy clothes in my bag and pulling out my normal leather jacket I turned back to my mother as I changed my shoes.

"I don't approve of you racing, its illegal and dangerous," she continued when I didn't say anything.

"Luckily your opinion regarding my lifestyle has no valid point therefore as I said last time, fuck off," I said coldly but keeping my voice even as I finished with my shoes and slipped on the jacket.

"Does your father know about your choice in lifestyle?" She asked just as coldly.

"Yes, he is the one that gave me the bike," I pointed out motioning to my bike swinging my bag over my shoulder I turned to leave.

"But does he know about these notes?" She asked smugly waving a another piece of paper at me.

Jack,
I warned you, you shouldn't of raced, watch your back because you won't live to see the finish line.

"Are you the one writing this because so help me I will fucking put you in a hole six foot under," I snarled taking a threatening step towards her.

"I'm not the ones writing them, why would I?" She spat but stepping back away from me.

"Because I told dad who you were cut off your money supply and ended up bashing the suppose man you loved that had hit me after I told him that what I was going to do," I hissed.

"Your the one that got Daniel to leave? That's why he broke up with me?" She screeched lugging at me, I dogged.

"Surprisingly a thirteen year old can beat a piece of shit like him easily," I smirked rubbing it in as she tried to get her hands on me.

"You piece of shit! I loved him!" She shouted and I made my way to the door opening it and getting outside.

"Well he obviously didn't love you," I smirked and she followed me outside still lunging at me, people gave us weird looks but I ignored them.

"You are not my daughter," she said her voice icy as she stopped lunging at me and glared.

"Oh I never wanted to be," I said simply.

"You are a monster with a cold black heart, a disgrace to your family name," she spat, the people around us stopping to watch our argument now.

"And you are a disgrace to yours," I hissed back, "no one cares anymore Tanya, your the little pest that keeps coming back and no one wants you around."

"Liar," she growled lunging at me.

"No mother that's your part that you played so well, and sadly people stop listening to you," I sighed like it was an everyday thing to say.

"You fucking slut!" She yelled.

"Your fighting a losing battle leave Tanya and this time, never show your face again. As you pointed out before I am not your daughter and you are not my mother," I said coolly and she clenched her jaw.

"I'll see you in hell Jackie," she spat turning around and pushing through the crowd.

"I'll be waiting," I called after her and turned around glaring at the crowd.

"Seriously don't you guys have lives," I asked throwing my hands up and pushing through the crowd.

"Are you alright?" Chloe asked hugging me and I smiled sadly to myself.

"Fine," I said softly the after effects from the fight making a sickening feeling in the pit of my belly.

"Who was that?" She questioned pulling out of the embraced and I realised that she was with Zac, Toby, Scott, Blake and another girl that looked like an older version of Chloe.

"My mother," I said sourly and everyone's faces became confused.

"But she's a bitch!" Scott said eyes wide I smiled at him.

"She most defiantly is," I smiled.

"Okay we seriously need a topic change," I grumbled.

"I came first," Mr Taylor said happily and I shared him a secret nod.

"I came fifth," Blake smiled.

"And I came sixth so I'm in the finals," Scott grinned.

"I may have a broken arm," Zac pouted an I realised that he had a cast on.

"And this is my sister Dona," Chloe smiled and the lady waved.

"Nice to meet you Dona, I'm Jackie," I smiled politely at her.

"I'm Toby."

"I'm sexy Zachary."

"I'm bad ass Blake."

"And I'm just Scott."

I laughed at their introductions but my smile vanished once I saw the familiar messy black hair of a certain boy.

Oh I'm going to kill him.

<><><><>