74. Our Love.

The week went by in a flash and I found myself getting ready for graduation before I knew it. I had been released from the hospital on Thursday but I didn't go back to school. I didn't need too.

"This came for you," Toby knocked on my door just as I was getting ready to have a shower.

He held out a large white box and I frowned, "What is it?"

"I would say I don't know, but I looked, I think it's a dress," he smirked and I took the item setting it on the bed.

Pulling off the lid I lifted out the deep red material and held it up. Black lace finishes traced the edging of the top half that tightened around the abdomen and flowed to the floor. A slit came halfway up from the bottom made so it'd be easier to walk in and embroidery followed the edges as tiny swirls making everything look simply elegant.

The straps were detailed in the same markings and fell off the shoulder. Turning the dress around I found that it didn't have much of a back as a large section was cut out in a v shape.

"Who's it from?" I asked Toby looking away from the beautiful item in my hands.

He held a small white card in his hands reading it out loud, "This was your mothers picked out prom dress, she never got to wear it because of the pregnancy, but I know she would've loved if you wore it in her place. Grandma."

A tear ran down my cheek, "I miss her Toby, so much."

My brother hugged me sighing, "I didn't really meet the lady, but so do I."

"Guys, your not allowed to cry right now," Logan crossed his arms in the doorway.

I rolled my eyes at him and pulled out of the hug, "I'm going to have a shower."

"Have fun," Logan called after me making me roll my eyes.

**

I stepped into the hallway, smiling at my outfit and picking up my phone.

The dress hugged me in all the right places and reached the floor even with my black open toe pumps on.

"You look stunning, I mean if I didn't know that you'd kill me, I'd tap that," Logan grinned coming out from a random room.

"And you wonder why you don't keep girlfriends for over a month," I chuckled.

"Because I haven't found the right one yet."

I rolled my eyes, "you keep telling yourself that Logan."

"I will- what happened to my ink?" He frowned looking at my pinky then to the place my doves had been.

"Sorry Logan, I got them removed when I went away. They were just a reminder of the old me," I gave him a sad smile.

"It's fine," he sighed, "Just tell me next time."

I nodded with a smile and came to stand directly beside him.

He held out his elbow and I looped my arm through his, "Why do you have to leave straight after graduation anyways?"

I shrugged walking down the stairs with him, "It's easier this way."

"Wow Jackie," I smiled at my brother who was waiting for me at in the hallway.

"Is that...?" Damian studied my dress.

I offered him a sad smile, "Tiara sent it."

"You look just like your mother, beautiful," dad blinked his tears away and gave me a massive bear hug.