41. Bad Luck Birthdays.

It was Monday, the thirteenth of June, a day away from my surgery... And I had to remind myself that I wasnt aloud to eat when it passed twelve, noon. Then I had to go on this liquid diet and I wasn't allowed to eat anything after midnight.

Toby had moved in yesterday and was currently unpacking, "you know you have this thing called work, it happens at the same time as my school."

"But I'm almost done," he pouted moving to another box.

There were about thirty boxes that he had brought, not including the couches and cabinets. I still had no idea where to put them. They were sitting in the garage.

"That's your second box," I said dryly pulling him by his collar out the door.

"But..." He trailed off as I slammed the door shut.

"Keys, wallet, phone," I listed chucking them to him.

"School doesn't start till half an hour," he complained getting into my car.

"Teachers have to get there beforehand," I pointed out and just as my car purred to life Logan pulled in blocking me from going out.

"Logan, move," I yelled at him out the window.

"Nope, I want to be the first to say happy 18th birthday," he grinned getting out of his car and walking over.

"It's your birthday," Toby frowned and I groaned laying my head on the steering wheel.

"I hate you Logan," I grumbled and he passed a gift bag through my open window.

"You didn't tell anyone did you?" He smiled rolling his eyes because he knew the answer.

"No, I didn't plan to either," I frowned pulling out the colourful tissue wrapped parcel.

I never told anyone, the only reason Logan knew is because he needed my drivers licence to make my fake ID. He never forgot...

I pulled out a golden necklace with a pendant that had the words 'Logan Is The Bomb Diggity' I laughed at the stupid words that we had agreed that in the right sentence that word was cool. In the middle of the pendant was a red ruby shaped as a rose.

"Thank you Logan, I love it," I smiled getting out and hugging him.

"Now I feel like a bad brother," Toby pouted.

"My present is better than everyone's," Logan smirked.

"Your the only one that knows and technically Damian got me the beach house," I shrugged getting back inside the car but leaving the door open.

"Name basis, poor him," Logan murmured shaking his head.

"Well his not my dad anymore, I can't believe he actually with drawled my schooling. I didn't think he'd go that far I mean, that helicopter costed 700 thousand and all I got was no money he kept paying for school," I frowned.

"You brought a helicopter!" Toby exclaimed.

"The Jackie-copter," I grinned.

"It's currently being rented out to a chopper tours place, they wanted to respray it but I wouldn't let them," Logan smirked.

"What did he do to set you off?" Toby asked frowning slightly.

"He wouldn't let me get a dog," pouted even though the reason was stupid, it wasn't the full reason though, he also wouldn't talk about the reason mum flipped and I had pestered him.

I still didn't know why...

"That's not the real reason, she always does that," Logan said rolling his eyes at me.