Makeover

Hi! I've been updating a lot this weekend to make up for how long I went without updating, which was just two weeks I think, but still. Sorry for all the fashion chapters, but this is some of the things teen girls do, I being one, soooo...I know this is what I do with my friends sometimes. I didn't want to start the love too soon though so this was a filler. Enjoy! And don't forget, if you make me a cover email it to:
centeroffiction@gmail.com

Thank you!

//

"Aubrey!" My mom shouts from downstairs.

"What?! I'm busy!" I groan.

"Too busy for Avril?"

I jump out of bed and run downstairs to hug Avy.

"I've never been so glad to see you. " I smile.

"Yeah. I'm glad to see you everyday, nice to see we equally like each other. " She rolls her eyes.

"Whatever, Avy, you know I love you. I-"

"Are you two lesbian? Are you guys dating?" My mom interrupts with a shocked look on her face.

"Um, no! I have a boyfriend. His name is Jacob. " Avril says matter-of-factly.

"Aub?"

"No. I have a crush on a guy. I'm not lesbian. " I sigh.

"Ok, well, I was just checking. If you were that would be fine...but it's ok I am just checking. " Mom holds her hands up and slowly backs away into the living room.

"Well that was random. " I laugh.

I turn to Avy and she has her arms crossed and one eyebrow raised, her foot tapping vigorously on the floorboards.

"What?"

She grabs my arms and drags me upstairs to my room and shoves me onto the bed.

"Who?!" She shrieks.

"Who am I going to to call if you try to kill me up here? The police! Or the Ghostbusters...that would only be good if you turned into a scary monster, though. " I warn.

"Ha ha. No, dumbass, who is your crush?"

"I don't know why I said that. I don't have a crush on anybody, but I wanted my mom to get it through her head that I was straight. "

We have a sort of stare-off for a little bit before she speaks again.

"Ok..." She squints her eyes at me,"I'm just going to trust you on this one. So what did you need? I am skipping romance night. I was cuddling with Jake on the couch when Parker came in and told me what happened and that you said you needed me. So I jumped up out of there and came here. It better be worth it. "

"It is. " I assure her. "I want to change. "

"Change what?"

"Me. "

"Aubrey, you can't really do that. You're already who you are..."

"No! I mean...I want to change how I look. Make myself more noticeable, but in the good way. " I explain.

"Ah..."She smiles. "What look are you going for?"

"Ummmm...I was going for an independent, confident, bad, and perfect sort of look. "

"Yay! Time to raid your closet, Aubee, because someone is getting a complete makeover!" Avril claps her hands together like a little kid.

She hops up and runs over to my closet. She starts throwing out one pastel thing after another until a huge pile has formed by my bed.

"Ew. Why the hell do you have all this pastel stuff?"

"My mom likes it even though I've told her half a million times it flushes me out. "

"Amen. " She widens her eyes and kicks the pile over.

Avril walls back over to my closet and starts pulling out the more cute, darker clothes and one by one starts piecing together an outfit. A few minutes later she's ready for me try one on.

"Try this." Avy says.

She is holding out some high waisted black jeans, a maroon crop top, and a black leather coat to go over it. I get ready to go change when she stops me.

"Don't forget these. " She holds out a pair of black combat boots.

Avril places them on top of the bundle of clothes I have and I walk behind the little wall thingy you can change behind. It's some sort of fold out shield that lets you change behind it...I never quite learned the name. I'm sure my mom has told me, but I must not have been listening.

I slip on the outfit and look at myself in the mirror behind me. I do look different. If anything, this outfit is definitely hot and stylish. It's sure to attract more than my usual jeans and a sweatshirt kind of deal. I twirl once more and watch my blonde hair swing about. My blonde hair still sort of ruins the "bad girl" look, but I don't want to dye my hair so there really isn't anything to do about it.

I walk out from behind it and Avril covers her mouth and gasps.

"What? I thought it looked good..." I say, looking down at my feet.

"Oh, it does! It looks beautiful! You look gorgeous, trust me. " She covers her mouth and looks me over again. "Why don't you wear stuff like this all the time?"

"Too much work. I used to not be comfortable in these types of clothing. Now I am. "

"Sudden change of heart?"

"No. Sudden change of mindset. " I smile.

"Alright ya weirdo...let's find some more outfits for the rest of the week. " She says, giving me one more weird look before turning back around to my closet.

She digs through my shoes and carefully places three pairs in a line for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday while I get changed back into Parker's sweatshirt and my little pajama shorts.

"You're wearing that to bed?" Avril asks.

"Well yeah. It's really warm. " I say defensively.

"I'm never going to get you, even though I've known you for five years and more to come. Never. You're so confusing, Aubrey. "

"I know. "

I walk over and help her pick out some more outfits-most of my efforts were refused and not accepted-and in the end we came out with three more amazing outfits for me to wear to school tomorrow, to Avril's birthday party on Saturday, and to church on Sunday. The one I just tried on is for tomorrow.

The one I'm wearing to Avril's party on Saturday is cute. I'm wearing low rise light blue shorts and a navy blue floral button-down shirt tucked in it. With that I'm wearing some high top black Chuck Taylor's. For church, Im just wearing a mid-thigh dark red dress with black flats and a black jean coat. So nothing extravagant here, just more noticeable.

All I can do is hope and pray this works.