And So it Goes...

Credits to Broods for making that song^^^I found it fitting for the end of the story. The epilogues I make are short and sweet, I hope you like it. You may have to go to YouTube to hear the song, but it's Superstar by Broods.

Epilogue

I shove my keys into the little handmade pot my daughter, Claire, made at her school. After a long day at work I can't wait to see my family. Parker gets off an hour before I do at 5:00 p.m., so he starts dinner.

"Claire, Livvi, I'm home!" I call out. Claire runs across the living room and hugs me.

"Dad's boring. " She rolls her eyes when she pulls away. Thirteen year olds...

"He isn't boring you've just outgrown that little child phase where all you do is play. That's his thing."

"Whatever. I'm pretty sure he just does it to annoy me. " Claire rolls her eyes.

Then in walks Livvi, my seven year old. She had on my boots and is wobbling around in them since they're too big. I laugh and now it's my turn to roll my eyes. I give Livvi a hug and then walk over to Parker.

"Hey. " I wrap my arms around him from behind.

"Hey, princess. " He winks at me and continues to prepare dinner.

"You're amazing, you know that?"

"Just a little bit. "

"Parker," I turn him towards me and give him a big hug,"You are my superstar. I still love you. Even after we've been married for fourteen years. Fourteen years and I still love you to death. " We got married when I turned twenty and had Claire when I was twenty-one. I attended college for a while, though it was very challenging, and soon graduated. I'm a CNA now.

"I love you, too. Now more than ever. " He leans down and gives me a tender kiss. I still get butterflies and warm feelings inside every time he does this.

"Ok, get a room!" Claire shouts from behind us and I give Parker one more kiss.

"What is it, sweetheart?"

"I got you a present for Mother's Day. Livvi helped me, of course. She didn't really listen the whole time, but she cooperated enough. " Claire shrugs her shoulders, swinging her curly blonde hair behind her. Livvi walks in.

"Yeah. I did too help, Claire, and I listened good!" Livvi says defiantly, crossing her arms.

"Yes, you did. " I laugh.

Parker comes up behind me and wraps his arm around my waist, kissing my cheek gently. I lean into him and rest my head on his shoulder as I wait for my two daughters to come back and give me their present.

"You're a great mother. And a great wife. " He whispers into my ear, his lips brushing against it.

"Yeah, yeah. You're just as great as I am. " I shrug it off.

"Maybe that's why we're so good together. We have a beautiful family. "

"That we do. " I smile.

"I love you, princess. "

"I love you, too, Parker Adams. Always have and always will. " I meant it, too.

They always say that a bad boy is like a fire and he needs snow to tame him and calm him down. Some may call me the snow to his fire. But that's not the case. If only they knew the truth...I'm the gasoline to his fire. I haven't tamed anything. I let his flames spread. I've just allowed him to spread his flames to me. And I love the burn.