Another Visit

The rest of the chapters will be in Aubrey's point of view unless I title it Parker's POV at the beginning. By the way this chapter is a HUGE time skip to the weekend before graduation. They had spring break and now they've been dating for three months. Just a heads up, so no one is too confused.

-------
Part II

Three months later...

I wait for Parker on the porch. He said he wanted to come by for another visit. My mom thinks I'm obsessed since I am practically swooning over him and agreeing to whatever he says. She also said not to get too attached because teenage boys are clueless and make huge mistakes. Parker wouldn't do anything to hurt me, though.

I stare up at the clear, blue sky. I remember when Avril and I used to just stare up at it and try to point out the different shapes of clouds. She would always point to one and say it was shaped like a certain person at school. It would be hilarious until my mom would hear and tell us to stop being rude.

We also used to go hang out at the park down the road. It used to be the "cool" place to be. I honestly just think we thought it was cool because it was the only place our parents would let us go without parental guidance. It was the only place for us to say and do whatever we please without being told not to. Similar to what Ryan said when he explained why teenagers drink, which is stupid, but still.

I hear the motorcycle coming down the street and quickly put down any stray hairs I might have. I don't want it to look like I have an albatross on my head or something. I take a deep breath when I see him down the road. Three months of dating and I still get butterflies, self consciousness, and enraged nerves.

He pulls up and takes off his helmet, running his hands through his hair just to make it worse like he does every time. It sounds like I'm obsessed. I need to stop noticing all these little things about him for my own sake. I probably don't run through his head this many times and I guarantee he doesn't know my "hop-off-the-motorcycle" habits.

As much as I want to run over to him, I keep my feet planted in their spot on the porch and smile.

"Hey, Parker. " I look up at him.

"Hey, baby. " Parker gives me a peck on my cheek.

"So what's up? You said you needed to talk to me. "

"Yes, I got you something. So everyone knows you're mine. Well, you can't really tell you're my girlfriend by it, but people will ask where you got it and then you can say me-"

"Parker." I laugh quietly. "Get on with it. "

"Ok. "

I watch him reach into his jacket pocket and pull out a small little case. It's black and has a silver bow wrapped around it.

"Here. " He gently places it in my hand. "Open it. "

I carefully untie the ribbon. I lift the lid on the box and peer inside. It's so beautiful! Lying inside is a silver chained necklace with a silver teardrop shaped wire. Inside that is a big ruby. I can't really describe how beautiful it is, the way I'm describing makes it sound like some kid made it. But it is the most beautiful necklace I've ever seen.

"Oh my-" I cover my mouth and take a deep breath.

"Do you like it? I bought it a while back. " Parker says quickly.

"Yes. I love it. Of course. " I nod my head and give him a big hug. "Thank you so much. I'm going to wear it every single day. "

"I'm glad. Do you want me to...to put it on you?"

"Sure. " I shrug my shoulders like it's no big deal, but it is. Can he get any better? I swear this boy has me wrapped around his finger.

Parker gently places the necklace around my neck and his fingers graze my neck as he does the clasp on the back of the necklace, giving me shivers. When he is done I turn around. His lips are just centimeters from mine.

He grabs my waist and kisses my nose, his lips hovering her mine for a second before he pulls away and backs up. Did I do something wrong? Does my breath smell bad? A hundred different worried thoughts explode throughout my head.

"What is it?" I stay where I am instead of stepping closer to him.

"Nothing. I just-" He rakes a hand through his hair. "I just don't think you deserve me anymore. "

"What?" I step over to him this time and take his hand. "Where is this coming from? I deserve way less than you, Parker, and you've given me the world. You make me feel like I'm beautiful, like I'm special. No one else has ever made me feel that way. My heart pounds a mile a minute and my stomach goes crazy when I'm near you. I love everything about you. "

"That's what I'm afraid of. " He lets go of my hand and takes another step back.

"Parker. " I whisper.

"Aubrey, I've done bad things. To everyone. "

"Not to me. You haven't done anything wrong with me. You make me happy, you haven't hurt me. "

"I've done the worst thing I've ever done to you. If you knew you would leave me. " I hear his voice crack and my heart immediately drops to my stomach.

What has he done besides make me feel loved and accepted? Nothing. He has saved me, kissed me, hugged me, liked me for who I am...none of that is bad.

"I would never leave you. I could never hate you, Parker. "

"You would if you knew. You need to distance yourself from me. If you can. "

"Parker-" I whisper his name again as a tear slips down my cheek.

"I'm not breaking up with you, I wouldn't do that... because I lo-I just need to think some things through. " He cups my cheek and closes his eyes.

"Stop. You can't do this to me. You can't give me a necklace like this and then tell me to leave you alone. " I cry.

It feels like my world is just crumbling down. I know I'm young. I know I shouldn't care this much. I know we've only dated for three months. But I swear I love this boy. I swear he has stolen my heart and if he leaves then he is going to leave with a piece of my heart I can never ever get back. I was beginning to like him more than friends before we dated. I've always had a special attachment to him, even when I hated him. I wouldn't want to see a day without him nagging me or being with me. Either way works.

"Don't cry. I didn't mean to make you cry. I just wanted to tell you not to get too attached to me. " I feel his chest vibrate as he hugs me and rocks me back and forth. "One day you're going to figure out the mistakes I've made and...and you're not going to want to be in my arms anymore. I was just preparing you. "

"You shouldn't have told me. "

"I know. I thought you deserved that much, though. " Parker pulls backs and holds my face.

"I just want you to know that..." He takes a deep breath before continuing. "I love you. "

With that he presses a gentle kiss on my lips and I'm left there speechless and dumbfounded, fingering the necklace he gave me. He loves me? My tears come out a little harder and I speak quietly, knowing he won't hear it.

"I love you, too. "