Therapy Session?

Avril sits next to me on the bed, but she isn't comforting me. She looks pissed. She rapidly taps her foot on the floor with her arms crossed and is staying silent. Her silence is just confirming my suspicion that she is boiling over with anger.

"You guys haven't talked in three weeks. Graduation passed and me and Jacob had to celebrate by ourselves. Oh, that's right. Parker came. But he didn't say a word, he just downed, like, five beers. Jacob said Parker hardly ever drinks unless he has a big problem. "

"I know. " I say, tearing up again.

"Listen here! You need to woman up! You need to go over to that handsome dumbass bitch and tell him how you feel about this. You guys are going to have a ruined relationship and it is starting to ruin me and Jacob. " She hops up off of the bad and starts pacing the room. So that's why she wants me to get back with him. After I just broke up with him last week. That hurt like hell, and now she wants me to try to hook up with him again?

"Oh, so you want us back together for you?" I scowl at her and she returns the look.

"No. I'm doing it for you. "

"How? It doesn't sound like it!"

"I may be a bitch, but I am-"

"Avril, language. " My mom suddenly peeks trough the door and we both send her a bad look. I'll be getting punished for that, later. Thanks, Avy. When Mom closes the door back she finishes her sentence in a softer tone.

"I am not stupid, Aubee, I've seen the way you look at him and it is a look full of adoration and love. You hurt and you know you want him back. You know it. "

"What kind of therapy session is this?"

"A good one. I know you love him, Aubrey. You're going off to a college soon and if you guys are going to sweat over one mistake that he made, you aren't going to last. "

"Avril!" I sink my head into my hands and start crying. The bed dips down beside me from her sitting down and I lean into her.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. " She whispers and hugs me. "But it's the truth, whether you like it or not. "

"I hate you and I love you. At the same time. " I say, pulling away.

"I never hate you. " She fake pouts and I can't help but crack a smile at her.

"Whatever. Like I don't do anything wrong. " I roll my eyes and stare up at my ceiling. There are little glow in the dark butterflies on it that I insisted my father buy for me a while back. My pretty much nonexistent father by now. He hasn't been home for months and me and my mom both know what's going on.

"Yes. I hate you right now. "

"Why?" I ask.

"Because you clearly don't have the guts to go get back your lover!" She shouts, shaking my shoulders.

"Ok, ok. Enough. " I stand up off of the bed and lean against it instead.

"So you're going to try and win him back over tomorrow?" Avril asks, sounding half surprised that her persuasion actually worked.

"Hell yeah. " I give her a thumbs up with a smile, but I don't even believe it myself.

"Wooo!" She shouts and tackles me in a huge hug.

Game time.

Parker's POV

Jacob sits down on the chair in front of me, restlessly tapping his foot against the wooden floor and letting out bored breaths.

"When are you going to come back to life? You look dead. "

"When I feel like it. " I sigh and put my head back down in my hands, running my hands through my hair like I always do.

"When are you going to get your girl back? You're making it hard for me and Av. "

"It doesn't have to be hard for you guys. Just me. "

"Holy shit, you little crybaby. Man up and grow a pair. You need to go back to her tomorrow when we all go to the carnival. You go up to her and tell her how you feel. You gotta' claim what's yours. "

"She isn't property, Jake." I point out. "And it isn't like she would listen. Remember, she broke up with me. "

"'Cuz she was scared. You don't know she won't talk to you unless you try. I've seen the way you guys are near each other. You are in love. And if you're in love with someone you do NOT give up. You keep trying to make things right. College is coming soon, and if you don't fix things soon, man, she is gone. You won't have her anymore. That girl is beautiful and some guy is going to snatch her up right before your eyes. "

"Real inspirational. Glad I have an asshole for a friend. " I mutter.

"Whatever. You know you love me. Listen, you just need some motivation to get you going. Some anger. Anger has always seemed to get you going. "

"What the-"

Oomph. Jacob punches me right in the stomach and I bend over in pain.

"Ah, damn it. You-" I hiss.

He cuts me off and kicks me in the back, sending me forward onto the floor.

"Stop!" I shout, balling my fists up. Before he can do anything I kick him right in between his legs and he bends over.

"Oh. God. " He groans and looks up at me with a weak smile. "You got to be willing to have that motivation to get her back. The urge to get her back into your arms has to be as strong as the urge to kick me in the nuts. And, look, you did it. You can get her back. "

"What kind of a therapy session was this? The worst one ever. " I roll my eyes and sit back down on my bed.

"A good one. It worked didn't it? You're going to try and get her back? " Jacob lets out another pained breath before trying to sit up.

"I'm going to try. " I decide. I clench my jaw and think of her with another guy. That isn't going to happen. That's my woman. No other creep can hold her unless that creep is me. That is my girlfriend.

"There we go! Yeah!" Jacob shouts, pumping one fist in the air, the other still clutching himself from the pain.

"Sorry, dude. " I laugh and hold out a hand to pull him up.

It's game time.