Where's the Money

I am just going to warn you all ahead of time...you are going to have mixed feelings about this chapter. Love and hate. I warned you :)

Parker's POV

I need to get Aubrey something before the next time I see her. Maybe a diamond necklace or something. Something to wrap around her neck to show everyone that she's mine. Maybe a locket...then I'd have to take a picture with her to put in there. That would take too long. I need something quick.

I walk around the busy mall, looking for a jewelry store. I need something nice for my princess. I walk into the nearest jewelry store and immediately walk over to the necklace area. I figured getting a necklace is the way to go considering all of the romance movies I've seen show the guy putting the necklace on the girl. That's probably what she expects. I don't want to disappoint her when I just asked her out three weeks ago.

I would hope she wouldn't kick me to the curb that fast, but you never know. So far she's been full of surprises. Like forgiving me for being a complete, utter jerk for the last few years. As long as she doesn't know about my last big mistake, I'll be able to keep her. I've never felt the affection I feel with her with any other one of my flings. Ever.

I would kiss them up and down, yes, but not with that burning passion and need. When I kiss her I feel complete. Not empty once she's left, like what I used to do.

"Sir. " A tall, brunette woman comes from around the counter and stands beside me.

"Yes, ma'am?" I look up at her quickly before going back to looking at the necklaces.

"Do you need some help?"

"Actually, yes. I'm trying to find the perfect necklace for my girlfriend. It needs to be big and sparkly and noticeable. " I explain.

She just nods her head and looks through all of the necklaces with me. Should I get the gold one with the diamond heart? Or the silver one with the ruby circle? The lady picks those two out for me. Right now I can't decide between the two. Of course, Aubrey would look pretty with a trash bag on so it doesn't matter how she'll look in it. But I want to pick the one that symbolizes the right thing to me.

The gold one is very typical. The usual 'let's get my girlfriend a heart necklace' thing is too average. I want to prove to her she is more than just average to me. Not just some girl who gets the same gifts every other guy decides to get his girlfriend. At the same time, I'm not just any other guy, either.

"I want that one. " I point to the silver necklace with the ruby. That's definitely the one. I can't wait to see the smile on her face when I give it to her.

I can wait for her to kiss me again and wrap her arms around me, knowing I'll protect her from any harm that comes her way. I've caused her a lot of harm already...I wouldn't want her to lose her trust with me again. Not again. Not like before.

I pay the full price with the debit card my dad gave me a while back and grab the box from the clerk.

"Thank you so much. " I give them all a grateful smile before walking out of the store.

While stepping outside I check my phone. No messages from Aubrey. I should play it cool since the girl is supposed to be the one constantly checking the phone for messages, but I don't care. I think I really do love her.

"What's that for?" I hear a nasty voice from behind me.

"It's for Aubrey. " I tell him.

"Hmm. The girl I chased into your arms. The girl you-"

"Shutup. Now is not the time. " I growl, trying to keep my calm and not kill him right here.

"Oh, getting angry now, are we?" Ryan taps his chin. "Let me continue. I want my money. You said you would pay me. "

"I don't know what you're talking about. " I squeeze my eyes closed. This is the mistake I'm trying to forget. The one I don't want to remember.

"Shall I remind you? You said you would pay me if I hit on Aubrey. Your little crush since middle school. Told me to steal her heart a little. You told me to try and have sex with her at the party so your ass could just happen to rush in and save her by...coincidence. " He does quotation marks in the air when he says coincidence. "You wanted to win her over that way. You said that's the only way she would ever think positively of you. So you payed me to put her through a traumatic event and look like the bad guy so you could win her over. Mind you, my sister almost got raped and it hurt to see her get through the aftermath. The nightmares...you payed me to put Aubrey through that. "

"Leave me alone. You are not going to ruin things. I just got her with me and I just got her trust!" I shout. My hands are already balled up into fists, ready to punch him square in the jaw.

"It's the truth. Now give. Me. The. Money. We both know who the bad guy is here. I'm not the one who stooped low enough to hire someone to rape my crush. You are. So give me the money. You're rich, surely you wouldn't mind giving me some. " He stalks towards me.

"Yeah. Well you didn't have to do it. You did it for money which is still sick. "

"But you created the job. See, I'm just a bribed victim. Give me the money and I will go. I won't bother you again. " Ryan says, his voice low and quiet.

"I'll make a deal with you. I'll give you five hundred dollars right here if you tell her nothing about this and leave her alone. And me. Deal?" I ask, digging in my wallet. It's all or nothing right now. I really don't want my relationship ruined.

"Seven hundred. " He smirks.

"Fine. " I take out the money and slam it into his hand. "Now leave me the fuck alone. I never want to speak of this again. Hear me?"

"Crystal clear. "

And with that I walk away from the only thing that could destroy me.