It's Official

Do you guys like my new cover?!!!! OMG I LOVE IT! I created it last night and I think it's way better than the old one. That's Jacob up there. The actor is Jake Short.

~

When I get home I go up to my room and let out a sigh as I fall onto my bed with satisfaction. Tonight went from terrible, boring, and embarrassing to amazing, heart racing, and sweet. It's like a movie or a sweet romance book where the romance is so cliche and not real...except it has crept into my reality. And I love it.

A few months ago I couldn't stand the presence of Parker and now I long for it. What if Avril had listened to me and didn't date Jacob? Would I be Parker Adam's girlfriend right now? Or would the scene in the library still have happened? There are so many what-ifs that could've led to my endless singleness, but instead the what-if of 'will I ever like Parker, and if I do what would happen' has come true and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

That really doesn't make sense, Aubrey.

I should probably calm down. He just asked me out an hour ago. No biggy. I roll over onto my belly and hum into my sheets. My mom is asleep and she won't be up until morning. I should probably go to sleep, too.

"Eeeee!" I hear someone squeal by the doorway. I jump and spring up off of my bed.

"Damn, Avy, don't do that again. You scared the heck outta' me!" I hiss at her.

"I don't care!" She yells and shuts my door. "When?"

"When what?"

"You know what. "

"Oh. That what. " I blush and turn away from her.

"Tell meeeeee. " Avy whines.

"Then come over here. " I pat the spot beside me and she rushes over to sit down. "We were walking on some trail in the forest, since I couldn't skate, and then I fixed his hair. I had a moment where I had to restrict myself from kissing him-"

"Oh my gosh!"

"Avy. " I glare at her. "Anyways, he just walked away after that and it was sort of silent and awkward. Then he asked me what was wrong and I told him my feelings about him and he grabbed my hand-"

"Ah!"

"Avy-"

"You guys are my one true pair!!!" She squeals.

"Calm the hell down or I'm not telling you. Act like you're sixteen and shut. The. Heck. Up. "

"Ok. As I was saying...He held my hand and walked me over to a rock that had an outstanding view if you sat on it. Next thing you know he asked me to be his girlfriend and he sat there with his arm around me. Then he-" No, I'm not going to share the moment where he almost kissed me after making comments about how I look. That's my moment I want to keep.

"Then he?"

"Then he took me home. That's it. " I shrug my shoulders while she flips out again, acting like a two year old who gets told they're going to meet Santa Clause AND get to have ice cream afterwards.

"This is so cute! I knew you two had the hots for each other, I just knew it. The way he has been looking at you lately and well, duh, you guys have been all over each other these past few weeks. " She trails on for five minutes about how she knew and my thoughts trail elsewhere.

Now that I think about it...Avril is weird. How did she even get into my house? Does she like stalk my facial features to see how I look at Parker? I don't even know. I'll ask.

"Avril. " I cut her off.

"What?"

"How did you get into my house?"

"Duh, dumbass, I have a spare key. You gave it to me a while ago. "

"Oh. " I remember now. "And how did you know I was looking at Parker a certain way and vice versa?"

"What? Do you think I'm a creeper now? I just look at your facial expression. You're so stupid sometimes, Aubrey. " Avril rolls her eyes.

"Literally. If I don't catch up in math I'm never going to get into a good college. Math is an important skill these days. " I point out.

"Yes, well, it will be ok. There's nothing to worry about. Parker can teach you. " She wriggles her eyebrows and squeezes my shoulders. "You know what? Let's be cliche. Grab two fuzzy blankets and lets go to the basement, steal your mom's pints of ice cream, get popcorn, and watch horror movies. Deal? "

"Why?" I laugh.

"Because it's fun?"

"Deal. "

I grab two blankets off of my bed and help Avril pop some pop corn. I grab peanut butter ice cream and rocky road ice cream, and I grab two root beer bottles to go with it all. We walk down into the basement. We plop down onto the couch and search through Netflix.

I remember when we were in eighth grade Avril would occasionally come over and we would sneak around and do this. Back then we weren't allowed to do stuff like this, so we would giggle in the dark and tip toe past my parent's room to go down the hall to the kitchen. I'm glad we don't have to go down stairs that would be an instant give away to our little plots we used to have. The only stairs we would have to go down were the basement ones. I miss those days. There was drama, but nothing big.

Nowadays, if one girl makes a comment about someone high up on the social ladder, everyone freaks out and spread rumors, each one more false and fictional than the last. By the time the whole school has heard about it, the story has been altered so much it isn't even about the same person and it isn't even what the original person said. I could say Tiffany Albon, one of the prettiest girls in school, needed to lose weight and by the time the last person in the school heard it it would be something like 'Aubrey Summers told Avril she was a whore. Did you hear?' It ends up in a lot of confusion.

"Aubrey? Hello, deep thinker, do you want me to start the movie?" Avril says, poking my cheek.

"Yes. Yes, sorry. " I shake my head clear of thoughts and focus onto the movie on the screen.