Double-Date

PLEASE
VOTE AND COMMENT. PLEASE. SUPPORT IS GOOD. SO PLEASE PRESS THAT GOLD STAR TO MAKE ME HAPPY :) Love u all!

I got this inspiration from last weekend. I tried to skate and couldn't and I was like forget this and hung out with another one of my friends and he ate with me, instead. No sincerer love than food, am I right? ;)

~L

------

"Guess what?" Avril shrieks, falling down on my bed, sprawling her arms and legs out like a star.

"Jacob something..." I groan.

"No. Well partially. Just listen. " She sits back up.

"I'm all ears. "

"Jacob invited me to the rollerskating rink tonight, since on Fridays couples skate free. Parker insisted we let you two come along for some reason, so get your ass in some cute clothes. " Avril says.

My mom stops at the doorway groggily and scolds Avy for her language. My mom isn't big on cuss words. The first time I brought Avril over, around eighth grade, she dropped an F-bomb and my mom and dad had a stroke. They still love her, though. She is my best friend and they wouldn't take her away from me

"Where are you girls going?" Mom asks.

"On a date to the rink. " Avy says.

"Ok. Well here's the rules. Don't separate, stick together, and no sex even if it's protected. Got it? I do not want grandchildren. Please. "

"Got it. " Avril and I say in unison.

I used to flinch every time my mom mentioned sex around me, but not anymore. I guess that's another part of growing up. I yawn and groan.

"Me and Parker aren't even a couple. Sometimes I wonder if he is just teasing me. I don't want to go. "

"You're never going to fall in love if you're too afraid to jump. And if you truly want what's at the bottom, you won't hesitate to take the risk. "

"Dang, Avril, that's deep. "

"I have my moments." She says defensively.

I laugh and roll my eyes at her.

Let's go.

~

"Avril. Wait. " I say as we walk into the skating arena. "Avril. "

"What?"

"I-"

"Jacob!" She squeals as she spots the guys hanging out by the shoe rental area.

I watch awkwardly as she hugs him and gives him a quick kiss and walk over beside her. For some reason I feel like avoiding Parker. I can practically feel his eyes burning through the back of my skull and I want to look at him so bad, but I don't want to catch his eye.

I look around at the different disco light across the ceiling in the dome shape of it. There is a huge snack bar over in the corner with nachos, corn dogs, hot dogs, macaroni, and ICEES. People of all ages are out skating. I see a small little toddler skating around and I get put to shame. If that kid can do it then I should definitely be able to.

"Avril. " I groan.

"What?!"

"I thought we were going to skate together. You were going to um-" I glance over at Jake before continuing quietly,"-I-I thought you were going to teach me to skate. That's what you said in the car. "

"No, Aubee, I said this was a double date and that Parker can teach you. " Avy says with an evil grin on her face. "Come on, babe. "

Avril grabs Jacob's hand and they skate off together after putting on the skates. Now it's just me and Parker and I still refuse to turn around. How am I supposed to last the night with the effect he has on me? He isn't even my boyfriend so this isn't a date. This is just for Jacob and Avril. I can keep telling myself this and maybe I can stomp out the flames of feeling that have sparked up inside of my tummy and heart.