Somewhere Else

"Where exactly are we going, Parker?" I ask, hopping onto his motorcycle.

"That's for me to know and you to find out. " He grins.

"Parker. " I groan.

But he doesn't give in and just hops on in front of me. He doesn't have to ask me to wrap my arms around his waist this time because I do it immediately. It doesn't feel that wrong anymore. I rest my head against his back and let the cold air brush past me. All I hear is the rushing of the wind and the little pop noises the motorcycle makes as it drives trough the town, which is just a blur of lights and rushing cars.

We turn street after street for what seems like forever until we reach a little path. Parker stops and carefully takes off his helmet. I hop off, too. When he turns towards me I stifle a laugh. His hair is sticking up in all sorts of directions and him running his hands through it isn't helping.

"Here. " I smile and reach out for his hair and try to flatten it down. It goes down a little bit.

I can't help myself when my hands carefully trace down his face. I take my hands away from Parker and close my eyes, taking a deep breath. I have got to stop myself from doing things like this. I take another deep death and back away a little bit from him. Parker just looks at me with a weird little glint in his eye, scratches the back of his neck, and starts walking up the trail.

I follow a few feet behind him and my stomach has a million different nerves rushing through them. Did I do something wrong? Is he going to kiss me? Probably not. Is he going to kill me in the woods? Maybe not.

I look around at the trees with there leaves rushing to the pace of the wind and making sounds like paper rubbing together. It's peaceful. The gravel underneath my feet crunches and the pebbles in it slip around under my feet.

"Walk beside me. I feel like you're going to get caught by something if you stay back there. " Parker says holding out his arm.

"O-ok. " I stutter walking under his arm and letting him drape it around my shoulders.

"Why are you acting like that?" He looks down at me with a curious look.

"I don't know. "

"Surely you do. You just can't put it into words. What's up?"

"You really want to know?"

"Of course. "

"I don't know. We aren't dating, yet I feel like we are. Just a second ago I wanted...I wanted to touch you. Kiss you. Hug you. Some sort of physical contact..." I wait and he stays silent, staring into my eyes with his.

"I just-I feel weird when I'm around you. And I just want to be near you and...every time you look at me with a weird look I get self conscious and feel like I've done something wrong or that I'm not good enough. It's so frustrating. " I cross my arms.

As soon as I finish talking Parker stops in his tracks and turns to face me, his arm dropping by his side. After he looks at me for a couple seconds I look down at my feet. There I go, ruining things again. I feel a hot tear run down my cold face and wipe it away as quick as I can.

"Don't cry. Please don't cry. " Parker whispers and grabs my hands.

"I'm not. "

"Yes, you are. "

"I am not. "

He pulls me forward and we continue walking on the trail in silence until he finally stops at a huge rock that we could sit on. He helps me climb up and from here I can see a beautiful view of the city. It's breathtaking.

"Wow. " I shiver.

"I know, right?" He covers our joined hands with his other and sets them in his lap.

"Aubrey Summers?"

"That's my name. "

"What's your middle name?"

"Mae. "

"Aubrey Mae Summers..." Parker looks at me really quickly before looking down at our hands again. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

I wait a second and a grin immediately comes to my face again. I let out a soft chuckle and bite my lip so I don't laugh too much. Then he'd think I was laughing at him. Which I kind of was...he's so cute when he's nervous.

"I knew it was too soon. Jacob told me-" He starts.

"No, no. I'll be your girlfriend, Parker. " I say, barely audible.

I see him smile and he finally looks back at my face again.

"You're my girlfriend. You...are my...girlfriend. Mine. "

"Yeah?"

"I just wanted to say it out loud. It feels good to say you're my girlfriend. I've never done relationships and then you come along and I'm a new man. "

"And you're my boyfriend. My boyfriend. Mine. " I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Thats right, baby. I've been yours for awhile. " Parker says quietly.

We sit there for awhile just staring at the stars and enjoying the city lights from way, way below, twinkling like the stars in the sky. It's chilly, but I'm not too cold sitting beside Parker on this rock. So he is finally my boyfriend. I wonder if he did it out of pity? No. I'm just going to tell myself no right now. Parker wouldn't do something like that as far as I know.

As far as I know.

I can't believe I used to hate his guts. It seems like so long ago and it's only really been a few weeks. He used to annoy me so much and now I love it.

"Now that you're my girlfriend I can say what's on my mind. "

"Like what?" I sit up off of his shoulder and turn to face him, my legs criss crossed in front of me on the rock.

"Your butt looks really cute in your jeans. " He smirks.

"Parker!" I yell and slap his arm. My face turns bright red.

"Just saying. "

"Clearly. " I roll my eyes.

"And..." He creeps towards me, a mischievous look in his eyes. "Your hair is beautiful. "

He sweeps a stray hair off of my cheek, his finger brushing against my lip.

"Your eyes are gorgeous. " His voice gets quieter. "And your body is so so hot. Your voice is perfect. Everything about you is...faultless. "

He trails off as his lips hover centimeters from mine. I hold my breath and close my eyes. He is going to kiss me. He is going to give me what I've been craving for a long time. I wait for him to kiss me...but instead he laughs, his breath blowing across my face, and he backs up.

"You really are falling for me, aren't you? You weren't lying?"

"Sadly, yes. "

"Sadly?" he asks, the mischievous tone coming back into his voice.

"Happily?"

"I'm happily falling for you. "

"I'm glad. So glad. " I scoot closer to him and wrap my arms around his torso, taking in his smell that's become so familiar to me.

"I'm so so glad to hear you say that. "