Back to Me

I wake up in the morning with my arm over a pillow. I thought Parker was here. I open one of my eyes and peek out from over the pillow to find him gone. He must've left early. Oh well. I hop out of bed and look for an outfit. There is no way in hell I'm wearing one of the outfits Avril helped me pick out because I am not going down that road again. Ever.

I throw on Parker's sweatshirt after squirting some of his cologne on it and just put on some jeans like I normally do. This is way more comfortable and this way I can smell my...my...is he my boyfriend? Parker hasn't officially asked me out yet, for all I know he was just leading me on. But I don't think he was. He seemed pretty sincere.

I decide to leave my hair down today. I'm just getting back to me. I don't want to be anyone else. I shove some breakfast down just like usual and start to walk to school when I hear a motorcycle come up. I turn around when I hear it come to a stop behind me.

I cross my arms and tap my foot while they take off their helmet. It's Parker. My goofy grin comes back as I see his messed up hair and 100-watt smile.

"Hey. " I say, biting my lip so I won't smile too big.

"Hey yourself. " He runs a hand over his hair.

"You have a bike, too? Mr.Lucky. "

"You can ride it with me. " Parker winks.

"The school isn't that far away, you know I can walk. "

"You know you want to ride with me. "

I stand there for a second and he raises an eyebrow at me. Finally I sigh and give in and walk over.

"Here. Take my helmet. I'd rather my head get busted instead of yours. " He puts the helmet on my head gently, his hand brushing down my neck in the process. Every single time his finger would brush against my skin it would leave little tingles behind.

I hop on behind him and sit there. I wait for him to go, but he doesn't.

"What is it?" I frown even though he can't see me.

"I'm waiting for you to hold on so you don't fall. "

"Oh! Uh...right. " I awkwardly place my hands lightly on his back and I hear him groan.

Parker grabs my hands and gently wraps them tightly around his waist so my entire upper body is pressed against his back. I can feel his strong muscles through the shirt he is wearing.

"Hold on tight. " He warns before taking off again.

The next next three minutes are great. My hair was whipping behind me and the wind was blowing across me. I didn't get cold because I had Parker in front of me to keep me warm. Everything about it was absolutely perfect. When we get to school a few people stare at me, a lot of them some nasty looking girls that Parker has probably kissed before. I push away that thought. I'm just jealous because he hasn't kissed me or asked me to be his girlfriend.

I take off the helmet and he sets it on his motorcycle. After he does that he stand and smiles at me.

"What?" I cross my arms again.

"You're so cute. Your hair is messed up from the helmet. Let me fix it. " He smiles and gently runs his hands through my hair. When he is finished he plants a quick kiss on my cheek before starting to walk away.

I just stand there smiling with a hand pressed against where he kissed me. My heart is pounding and now I don't even bother to hide my humongous smile. There isn't a point in trying. My cheek is burning with embarrassment, happiness, and electricity.

"Well, are you coming?" Parker turns around and smirks.

"I-y-yeah. I was just-yeah, ok. " Damn it, Aubrey, you sound stupid. Get it together.

"Oh, ok. " He laughs and holds out his hand.

I run over and take it and he walks us over to where Avril and Jacob are standing. When we approach then they both have shocked faces.

"Whoah. Is it like opposites day or something?" Jacob asks when we get there.

"No, stupid. Aubrey's just finally come around. " Parker says, looking at me the whole time.

I want him to kiss me. His lips look so kissable and intoxicating like I could drown in them. Stop it, Aubrey. Stop. But I can just picture him kissing me and pressing me up against the wall, running his hands through my hair.

"Aubrey?" I hear Avril say and I'm snapped back to reality.

"What?"

"I thought you guys hated each other. What happened over last night?"

"Um..." I say quietly. I look up at Parker again for help and he nods knowingly at me.

"Ryan tried to rape her and-"

"What?! I'm going to kill that stupid mother fucking asshole son of a bitch from damn hell-" I cut her off with a hug.

"Watch your language, Avy. " I laugh in her hair.

I pull away and she grips my hands really tightly with a worried expression on her face. "Key word tried. He tried. Parker rushed in at the right time and saved me and then he spent the night at my house just in case Ryan tried to get me again. I had a nightmare and he helped me with that, too. "

"Oh. Well that's great! I'm sure Parker beat the living hell out of him, am I right bro?" Jacob shouts and him and Parker crack up.

"Avril, I'm so sorry about Friday. I should've listened-"

She wraps her arms around me for another hug before pulling back and saying,"It's ok. You didn't know, it's ok. "

"Ok. " I smile.

"So are you two..." She asks and unfortunately that gets the other two boys' attention.

"Um.." My eyes look up at a serious expression from Parker. He wants me to answer. Gosh, he is the guy he is supposed to. "No. He hasn't asked me out yet. " I whisper quietly.

"Oh. Oh ok I get it. Sorry. " She says.

Parker wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me back against him to reassure me and he gently kisses my ear. "I love it when you wear my sweatshirt with the cologne."

I blush and pull away. "You can't do that. You're not my boyfriend. "

I look back at Avril and she winks at me. She gets what I'm doing.

"Sure I can. You aren't going to stop me. "

"I just did Mr.Player. " I tease.

"So we're going to do that? You just wait, Aubrey. You're in for a ride. "

With that he walks away like he usually does, taking Jacob with him. And all I could do for the rest of the day was think of the last sentence he told me.