Chapter 8: Wicked's Destiny

It was morning as I sat in my room of my grandfather's house still surprise he hasn't come back yet, a lot of questions was all coming at me at once running through my mind all at once, the world I once used to know is now gone.

Later that night it was 6 and the sun started to shine, I was still awake sitting on my bed gazing at the floor thoughtless and emotionless. The next minute was a knock on the door the stumble me back to reality, ".....come in.....", I said quietly, the door made a click as the tall dark figure came in with the most saddest face I've ever seen, at that moment I knew what grandfather was going to say, "......Wicked......can I talk to you for a moment?.....", he asked, I nodded slightly as he walks over and sat next to me, he moves his ice cold hand over mine that somehow cooled me off about my worries, but it didn't help much. "....Wicked your uncle-", before he could finish his sentence I finished it for him that made his face turn pale, "died......murdered....torn to shreds.....", I said as I started to cry as I choke on my own tears, grandfather was speechless...he didn't say a word but just took his hand away from mine and stared at the ground as if he was in a trance or something. "....How did you know?....", he asked in a dark tone, I was frighten by his voice, but I just couldn't say nothing, really.....I was mad....., ".....what do you think?....", I said as I stand and walk across the other side the room, at the very moment...the atmosphere change suddenly, I can feel his presents just surrounding me like it was a trap, I turn to him as I notice his shadow covered me, "what happen?", he demanded, I was scared.....like beyond scared......but how could I not answer him?....., "....I.....I...I left...", I answered him, "you what?! I thought I told you to stay home?!", he yelled at me, "what was the point of staying?! I'm a freakin witch grandfather!!! I'm not stupid!!! And you and uncle lied to me from the start!!!", I shouted at him with all my might. He went silent as I notice gilt in his eyes, ".....all these years....all these fucking years I've been taking care by uncle Louis, he was the one that was there for me!!! And you had the nerve to lie to me that he was going to get murder!!!", I yelled, again he was silent though he was heart broken as well, "....how would you even know what was best for me?....Your not the one that raise me in the first place!!!......", I scream one last time....but at that moment I just ran out of my room and burst threw the doors as my tears covered my face, "?! WICKED!!!!", grandfather yelled out to me, I ignore him and kept on running, I knew he was right behind cause of his speed power, I just didn't look back I only just kept on running.

After almost an hour of running none stop, I stop by a tree and look back and saw that grandfather was gone, I was relief as I sat and lean against the tree, but.....I was sad....very depress....maybe even beyond that....I don't know, again I started to sob a bit thinking of uncle Louis who was the only father like figure, I didn't know what to do....I didn't know if I should return back to him, I just curled into a ball and close my eyes wishing for a miracle to happen, anything....I needed help.

I was still crying but in silents, after hours of crying footsteps stopped right in front of me, "Are you alright Wicked?", the man asked, I asked, I slowly looked up and saw Mr.Otis at my steps, out of all people my mythology teacher came up and found me, "....M-Mr.Otis?....", I asked in a sobbing tone, he gave me a warm friendly smile as he kneeled down and cover me with his huge coat, "for a girl in a nightgown in the afternoon is pretty strange my dear....what are you doing here?...", he asked, for along time now since the day it was my first time at school I guess he was my first friend I made, he help me in my studying time, plus me does help me with my problems but for some reason u could tell he had a dark secret he was hiding....I don't know why but it was just the feeling that just came up nothing else, "...U-Um....I.....I kinda ran away from home...", I finally answered, it was all I could say, "ran away?...but why?...surly your uncle must be worried about you by now", he said, I compelety just shut down fromw his words, I suddenlly started to cry and hide my head in my knees again, I felt a cold touch on my head as it strokes my head, my eyes then started to glow, usually now these days it means a warning or means you can trust the person, the glowing stop and I looked back up at him, "...come with me dear", Mr.Otis said. I couldn't say no to his offer so I just nodded and got up onto my feet as I cover my self with his coat, we both walk to his car as Mr.Otis open the back door for me, I got in as he close it from behind and went into the drivers seat, I didn't know what was going to happen all I could just do now is wait.

Once we first arrive we got out of the car and headed inside his house and walked inside as I scan around the room, what surprises me is that his whole living room is like destoryed and gone, it just a huge hole, "I'm sorry about that its a long story really, but please just make your self t home", Mr.Otis offered, I slowly nodded and walked arounf the house, it was funny when I saw the kitchen all clean and fresh. I walked out back to the living room and head up the stairs, I did notice that Mr.Otis was gone iun the next few minutes that started to get me curious, I walked down the dark hall until I was able to find the light's switch, it was still gloomy thanks to the features of the designs of the room, it was just quiet....too quiet if I should say, I walked into one of the rooms and looked around, it looked like a little boy would stay in this type of room, it had old rockstars posters all arounf but some of it was burnt, it was sad to see that, it must have looked good back then, I notice this small fram that was lying on the corner that was still was untouch my the fire, I walked over and picked it up, I examine it as I saw a family photo, there was a boy and the two parents that looked as if they were in a group hug, it was cute, but the boy was starting to get me to think, the more I look at him the more he reminds me of someone I know but I couldn't really think who. But after a few moments or so it came to me....but the thing was....I just couldn't believe it, I again started to cry as I choke on my own words, that boy...it was Vladimir..., was this his house?.....was he in that fire?....what happen to his parents?... all these questions was popping up one by the other, but when I looked over at his dad....it hit me...that was Vlad's dad that I remember correctly...the....the one suspect that been trap in my mind for far too long now....the one that could be the murderer of my parents.....but.....could he be dead?....I slowly put the photo on the bed and just ran closing the door with a bit of a slam as I gazed at the door. I was just in shock.....this couldn't be true....no way.....I started to fall to my knees crying as I relized something else....Mr.Otis knows his secret....he knew what he was all this time....but...why would he be in his old burnt down house?....I suddenly felt a small cold touch again on my shoulders, I jumped as I slowly turned my head to person who was holding my shoulders, it was Mr.Otis with a concern look on his face, I was scared. I didn't know what to do, I could grab my wand and cast a spell on him or just run for my life right now, but I couldn't....it was like he was controling my thoughts, my movements, my soul..., "...Miss Wicked...don't be alram....I'm not your enemy here...but if you don't coroperate....then I will have to use force", he said in a dark tone, I was scared but did I really had a choice here?....I nodded as he helped me up onto my feet, he walked me down to the main room, well what looks like the parents room, we both sat on the bed as I was gazing down at the floor, I didn't dare to make eye contact with him, I didn't to just take a chance with him.....cause there one thing I know I about him....he wasn't human.

"...So....Your...a-a Vampire?", I asked in a stutter way, he nodded as he started to speak, "yes....for centuries I've been roaming this world looking for Vladimir for a long time..along with his father Thomas", Thamas.....so that was the fathers name.....but....hes still alive?..., "....w-wait....h-he's.....he's alive?....but how I thought both of the parents were dead?!", I yell at him by mistake, he was silent for a moment or two but after a minute he spoke once more, "I thought it he was dead too myself...but I was wrong.....I'm niot sure who died with his mother in that fire but that wasn't Thomas.....but the point is now...", he pause for a minute then started to speak and I suddenly made eye contact with him, "...Wicked....you have a role to play....you and Vlad were born for a reason...even though your parents didn't want you to take any part of it....have you ever heard of a Damphyr?", he asked, "um.....yeah when I was researching on Vampires one time...it's was one of those topics that love back then....I believe it was the type of creautre that shared many traits of powers that it shares from animals or some wizard powers from what I heard....an only for a Damphyr to be develop is a vampire must mate with another speicies other than them selves....and something tells me vlad was the first half human and half vampire ever been born into this world", I answered him, Mr.Otis did a slight chuckle as he cracks his lips into a smile, "very good....so you've been paying attection in class as well..no wonder your my grade A student in class", he said, we both started to laugh as I smiled back, ok for one I can trust him but my role...what was it?...., "um Mr.Otis you didn't me what was my role in this life now", I said to him, "hm?...oh right that...well your dyesten to be the protector of Vladimir....", he answred. Protector?...Was this why uncle was training?...to protect Vlad?....a lot was coming to my head at once I just wanted to stop thinking all together, Mr.Otis was patting my back trying to calm me down, "we will talk later....how about we go eat ok?...you need your energy for tomorrow...", I was feeling teird from the talking and what happen with me and grandpa....so why not?....I nodded my head once again and got up onto my feet as we both went down stairs, "so veggies saled supream?", Mr.Otis asked, when he asked he brought a huge smile on my face, "You know Mr.Otis? This might be a starting of a new friendship in a Vampire and Witch type of way".