Chapter 23: Torn Apart

After a long night of crying I laid there on grandfathers lap as he keep stroking my hair within the night, he was actually doing that while reading his book, almost everyday he reads a different book. I looked up and asked, "why do you read a different book everyday?," kindly, he then put on a small smile and said, " It keeps me busy when I have situations like this....though I hate to see you like this...," he went silent but his cold hand still strokes my head, it's funny...the coldness seems to be my warmness now...I slowly smiles and sits up as I cuddle up to him, he didn't mind as he puts his hand on my shoulder, "Grandfather?," I asked him, "hm?," ,"When you bought mom as your servant how did you feel about her?," he went silent, since I heard much about dad's opinion I might as well hear grandfathers too, "Your mother....honestly I didn't care for her back then, no vampires would have feelings for another being let alone a witch...but....it seems things change about that....your father loved her like he would give up everything he achieve to just be with her...and he did that....I was furious since I did blame it on her...but I was wrong about it....," he said gently. "What do you mean?," I asked him, ".....I loved her....,", his voice echos in the house, I was in shock when the words repeated in my mind, I just couldn't believe it. "Y-You did?," I tried to asked calmly, he chuckled a bit, " yes....I told your mother about it before she told my son about hire feelings towards him but.....I was too late....I couldn't change her feelings for me...but I can just accept her as family....," he said as he gaze off into space. "So she accept her as your daughter?," ,"Yes...she was one of us.....different or not....she was family...," he smiles sadly and he stroke my hair once again, I smiled back and manage to snuggle back as we both stare at the blank wall.

Few days later, I was walking around town for some fresh air until I hear a filmlier voices behind me, "Wick!!!," that was the cheerful voice I know and some how love, I smiled a little to face Henry but soon it vanish when I saw who else was with him, as Henry ran up to me Vlad followed with Meredith in hand, my heart sank with the dark feeling with Vlad within me, Henry gave me a big hug that made me surprise and jump, I slowly blush and hugged back, it's nice to hug a friend again, but what I look over at Vlad, he looked uncomfortable about it, almost jealous that is...,"Hey it's nice to see you again! We don't see you in lunch anymore what up with that?," Henry asked, I guess he doesn't really know the reason yet Vlad knows, "It's a long story...so um where are you guys going?," I asked, "We were going to the movies but Henry spotted you and decided to come over," Meredith said, her voice still disgust me as ever and nodded, "Um say Wick why don't you join is? 4 and better than 3 you know?," Henry said with his cheerful voice, "Henry I'm sure she's really bus-," "Yeah why don't you?! It can be a double date!," Meredith smiled towards the suggestion, me and Henry?....I don't think there can be a thing between us but I guess it's not a bad thing to try. "Sure, I've love to go with you guys," I smiled, the two cheered but Vlad's face grim, as if he wasn't so happy for me to go, "....Let's just go...," Vlad left pulling along Meredith with him, while me and Henry were left behind, "Um Wick?." Henry asked, "yeah?," I faced him, "Look I was thinking....your think we could....date?....I know that you and Vlad recently broke up but...I really liked you for sometime now...," Henry words stunned me for min, I slolwy blushed as a lot went through my head, "...H-Henry I..," I froxe at my sentance, Em didn't mean to no date another guy let alone a human, and Henry means well, a bit of a player but he really is kind...," Henry I thought you were still dating someone at school already...," I asked him, "I did but...it didn't turned out well and we broke up....once I heard about your brake up I thought I...we could try...," he soon blush bright that made me smile and giggle, " S-Sure....I guess we could date...," I smiled brightly, and soon he smiled back and hold out his hand to me, "Shall we then?," he asked, I nodded and took his hand and intertwine with each other, we hurried to the theater to meet up with Vlad and Meredith but I soon felt something sad within me, but I didn't know what it is.

Once we were in the theater we got to our seats (In order: Henry, Wicked, Vlad, Meredith) it was quiet when got there, I was expecting talking though since this was a horror movie, as we watch me and Henry had a hands tide together, it made me happy but I was still sad for some reason, I thoguht this could make my life a little better but I was wrong. I slowly sink into my seat but Henry was too much into the movie to notice, but I did felt a pare of eyes looking at me:

(Hey you ok?)

I jumped a little when I recognize the voice in my head...Vlad.

(Y-Yeah I'm fine...)

(You don't sound like it...)

(I'm just not comfortable...thats all...)

We both soon became quiet for a long minute of time, but soon felt something next to me, I slowly looked down and saw Vlad hand holding out to me.

(Then hold my hand...)

(B-But wouldn't Meredith see? And Hnery?)

(There into the moive plus it's dark...trust me...)

How could I say no? I miss holding his hand, it may be cold but to me...it was really warm, I carefully moves my other hand towards Vlad's and soon we slowly intertwine with each other, the funny thing was, the sadness was gone once we were connected, I was happy...and for the first time in a few days, I finally truly smiled, and so did Vlad too.

After the movie ended we were not longer connected anymore, I was still holding Henry's hand as we left the theater, "Well that was interesting, we should do this again sometime!," Henry voice shot, we all nodded and agreed, "Well I better take Meredith home...it else her dad will kill me...," Vlad groaned with misery, "He won't kill you silly!," Meredith giggle, "Well we'll let you two be then...Hey Wick how about I walk you home?," Henry asked, I slowly nodded, "Sure I don't mind...," I said, after we all made our goodbyes we left and went our separate ways, me and Henry walked along sides silent to one and another....once we got to my house we said goodbye to each other, Henry planted a kiss on my cheek that made it red and smile a little, "I'll call you later ok? Maybe we could go on a date with just the two if us....," Henry said smiling, "Yeah I will like that...get home safe.....," I said to him, he nodded and began to leave as we both wave to each other. I then went inside and head to my room, judging from the quietness form the house I could tell that grandfather wasn't around, so I soon freshen up and went to bed and fell into a deep sleep.

Somewhere around the middle of the night I heard a knock on my window that woke me up, I slowly sat up and saw Vlad floating at my window, I jumped and quickly got up and pull up the window seal, "V-Vlad what are you doing here? It's late," Vlad float inside and closes the window, "I wanted to see you...," he muttered, I started to get worried and beg him to leave, "Vlad please, you'll get me in trouble here please ju-?!," I was cut off by a pair of lips that covered mine, it made tears fall from my face and slowly kisses back. Vlad wrapped his arms around me not wanted to let go as his kiss gets more passionate, I wanted him to stop but on the other hand I didn't, I didn't want it to end. Vlad soon pulled away curling his lips into a smile, "So you do have feelings for me...," he said grinning, I looks down blushing brightly as I turned around, "V-Vlad....I told you I can't...please go....for my sake..," I cried, his arms stayed around me as he embraces me, I continue to cry but his warmth manage to stop my cries after only a few moments, I let out a deep sigh till I felt his whispers in my ear, "I'm not letting you go that easy Wick...you'll see...," I then turn to push him away but he soon vanish, I ended up in shock, I knew my love for him can never change....I was torn apart.