Chapter 9: The Vampire's First True Love

I was still sleeping during thst morning until I heard some type of crash down stairs and yelling, "WHERE IS SHE?!!!", the stranger yelled, but I know that screaming anywhere, it was grandfathers voice, I quickly got out of my bed and rush to the stair railings and look over seeing grandfather holding Mr.Otis by the neck as he begs for his life, I forgot I covered up my scent when I ran away, I jumped over the rails and landed onto grandfathers arms causing him to let Mr.Otis go as he lands onto the ground caughing, I manage to kick grandfather away and made him land on the other side of the room, I kneeled down to Mr.Otis and helped him back onto his feet, "are you ok?", I asked him, he nodded as he looked twords to granfather, but I was so carless as I looked as well and he quickly grabbed me by the neck carring me in the air, I manage to grabbed his bare hand to hang onto before he could brake my neck, "young lady....DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU?!!!!!!", yelled at me, I was scared, I couldn't say anything but just stare at him with fear, Mr.Otis ram into him making me drop to the ground. They both started to pant deeply as they both stare as each other with a dagger at there hearts, "...Otis....stay out of this", grandfather said in a deep dark tone, "Darian...stop this....I'm just I'm just trying to-", I quickly grabbed his hand stopping him at his tracks, he looked over at me with a concern look, I was giving him a look that I already know who he is, he let his graze drop to the ground as I go to grandfather to help him up, he accpet me to help him up but he was still mad as ever, even if he is beautiful he's pretty scary, "...look....I'm sorry I left but I was just as mad as you I mean you lied to me that he was going to die and now he's gone!!!", I scream at him, he was silent again, we all were silent, though it felt like this was my last time on this world, Grandfather just let out a sigh as he patted my head, I got confuse but I look up at him eye to eye as I notice his ocean blue eyes were full of saddness, "!....G-Grandfather?", I asked him, he didn't speak but look away twaords Mr.Otis, "...hm...I see you met my granddaughter my young apprentice", he said to him, my eyes widen with suprise as I look in the direction to see Mr.Otis's expresion, Grandfather was his master?....I was amazing as I watched them both, "....I'm no longer your apprentice Dorian...I'm a free man like no other...and I'm down helping you with your work..", he said to him, I can tell the atmosphear change, I look back at grandfather and I was frighten my his look, it was like he had the face of killer as he faces Mr.Otis, I quickly grabbed his hand trying to calm him down as I can, he jumped as he looked down at me, I couldn't help but look back up at him crying for him not to do anything. But for a few moments he relaxes and let out a sigh, "So...you were trying to tell her dystany were you not?", he asked him, Mr.Otis was still surprise by the way he acted after just taking one look at me, he manage to nod him for an answer, "well then....how about we both explain it to her together...unless thats a problem too?", Grandfather asked him, from what I could tell so far Mr.Otis was Grandfathers apprenice, but something happen in the past that set there differences, Grandfather lead me to the sofa as I sat down in a comfort position, and of course grandfather and Mr.Otis sit on one side of me to the other, it didn't bug me but I was still wondering what happen between these two.

"So...I'm suppose to protect Vlad....but why me?...Isn't there another person who could do it", I asked the two, "becuase your unique...your not like other witches in the past Wicked...", Mr.Otis told me, "how am I unique? There nothing different about me that makes me unique at all", I told him, "Wicked...you have incredible speed...none like any witch could ever do...and your sceanes around youself, you can always pick up things fast and brake into a run, and you have the power to cover up your scent before any animal could find you, but you have a contection with young Vladimier", Grandfather said, "ok so I can do that but whats the point?", I asked them, they both went quiet for a moment but Mr.Otis turned looked away unwilling to look at me, "....Wicked....your not just a witch....your a vampire as well...", grandfather said in a deep tone, after hearing his words my stomach started to twist and trun in me, I gaze down at the ground as I was lost in my thoughts, ".....your father Adian....he's a vampire like myself...", grandfather said, "....your.....your a vampire?.....", I asked, he looked over at me trying to hold my hand but I moved it away just so he could answer my question, he slowly look away and answered, "...yes....Adian did get him blood from me after all", he said, I quickly got up and started to pace around the room, I was blazing mad but I didn't wanted to show, Mr.Otis got up fast and grabbed my shoulders, "Wicked look you have to understand your unlce couldn't tell you before because he wanted you to have a normal life like your parents always wanted it wasn't his fault...", he said, "and you knew about this too?....Were you just watching me?...Spying?....What else did you guys lied to me about?!!!", I screamed at the, Mr.Otis jumped as he let go of me, I couldn't even stand to look at them, I just wanted to run away again but I have no where to go I mean....where else could I go?..., "....I'm going to my room....don't even bother knocking....", I turned my back twaords them and left without another word as I headed up stairs and rush into my room and slam my door with a lock behind me, I slam down onto my bed and began to cry as I felt my tear rolling down onto my pillow.

After HOURS of crying I just pass out for a few minutes or so, I woke up as I rub my eyes to get the tears off, I look down at bed sheets as I notice it was still wet from the crying, I sighed as I look over at my uncles chest and book he had store away in his room before I was almost killed that night, I started to get curious as I got up and walk twaords items and brought them to the bed as I sat down, the first item I checked out was the chest that he always kept locked, what I notice tho is that there this symbol right on top of it, it was in an odd way from how it's drawn but the painting smelled my blood, I looked at the box once again and relize it was open, but how could it be stuck?....I look at the symbol once again and relize what it was, if my memory was correct uncle Louis told me something about how to wash away these marks, and it was water from the springs, which was easy to find since they had it in stores now these days, I grabbed the water that was on my side of the bed from the nightstand and pour the water on the symbol as i watched it dissappears. It was a bit creepy at first but I manage to open the box then, as I search through it as I stubble on a photo I haven't seen before but knew who was in it......it was a photo od my parents togather, and the moment I first saw dad I can tell was a vampire....I'm just so amazed from how he looks...he was young as mom back at that time, it was like I was looking at a twin when I saw mom though and the photo was very old I place then. I place the photo on the side of the bed and kept scrolling through the chest, I found there sings which was still clean and looked brand new, I found my mom's necklace as I put it around my neck, the more and more I keep looking threw the less I find anything useful that can help me with my answers, so there was only one thing left that I had to look threw, the book......I pick it up as I examine it for a moment, it was very old looking at I noting the back of the cover was piling off a but, but it was so beautiful in the front, I open it to the first page to see if anything was there, and there is, at the top od the page was written:

Adian Journal

So this was the journal uncle didn't wanted me to see, a smile dance upon my face as I notice this will be intresting, I open to the first page to the story from where it all happen, and lets say this is where they both were more like stranger to one and other before they were a couple.

Adian's P.O.V.

1842 January 1st

It was a snowy day like no other like out of the ordinary on a new year once again, I was heading back to Elysia from a mission that Em put me up for, nothing will change for the council as long as Em is still here, I walked threw the entrance as I saw a carriage up ahead I saw humans coming out one by one with nearly anything to cover them, it wasn't unusual since this was and everyday thing but...I must say in this particular day....it was different....once the humans got out of carriage there was one that caught my eye, this girl smoothly jump down from the carriage as she looks around, he skin was a tan like but dark, she had this symbol on her shoulder that I didn't know what it means, her hair was dark as the midnight skys and her eyes white as snow, she almost look inhuman...anf the only cloth she had on was cloth that could cover her top and lower body but she had no shoes but only bearfoot....as she walks in line with the other humans they all went into the council building, but what got more curious about the girl was as she walks into the building her feet looked as if it was melting the snow one foot at time. One they dissappear I follow the trail where she was walking, I touch the the footprint and to my surprise it was very hot, I look twaords the doors and started to think, and the first thing that pop into my head was that she was human...or one of our kinda as well.....what was she?....