Chapter 12: The Slayers

After a few days since Isaiah visited I was lock in my room for feather protection during the Winter so I couldn't go meet up with some of my friends nor talk to Vlad or Henry.....but I still can chat with great grandfather though. I looked out through the window as I watch the children play in the snow. In there warm jackets on, I just wish I was playing with them.

One day I was still stuck in my house again but grandfather had to go to this "meeting" that night, I didn't know why but something about this Em person, and as much as I don't like being stuck in this house I still don't like being alone here either, even on the night Isaiah came and.....well u know the rest. I guess I might be going insane now, I came down stairs to see grandfather departure but was crying at that moment, and without a doubt grandfather notice the second I stepped off the stairs. "What's wrong my dear?", he said as he walks with me, but I stayed silent with no reply, ".....come on spit it out it's not good to hold in your feelings.....", he commanded, but who was to deny his request? ".....I......I don't want you to go.......", I said to him, we both went silent at that point till he sighed and patted her head as he strokes my hair, "Wicked......do not be afraid....I promise you I'll try to come back as soon before midnight.....do not worry.....", he he said to comfort me, the next thing that happen I quickly hug him in embrace, I didn't wanted to lose him just like what happen to uncle Louis.......I didn't want to lose anyone else....grandfather continue to stroke my hair until it was time to go, "make sure u get some rest my dear... You have a big day at school..,,", school.....I forgot due to the accident from nights before I had to go to school, I said and nodded as let out a little smile, he smiled back as he kissed my head, "...goodnight....", he said as he vanish out through the door, I try to look out through the window to see him go but he was already within a split second.

So without anything to do I sat on my couch and pulled out my wand play around with my magic, as some of the minutes goes by And I started to get bored. I sat up and look at the time as I notice it was 7:00 p.m., "....this is boring....maybe I should go out for a bit....grandfather won't know anway", I said to myself. I quickly got off the couch and went upstairs to put my boots on along with my Maytriouska jacket (its an anime vocaloid thing style), I then jumped down from the rails and ran out the door locking it behind me while putting my wand back into my boot. As I walk the light was still out just a bit and I could see my surroundings good, and so far nothing was out of the ordiarny, but as the minutes went by I felt a shiver up my spine, and this feeling I got wasn't a good one. I looked at my sides and behind my back to see if anyone was around but I was alone from where I am. Though that feeling never left me, I knew someone or something was around me...or should I say surrounding me. I golp and stop at my footsteps standing very still until I was able to hear something, I then closed my eyes, clear my thoughts and my breath, and I started to feel I was slightly floating in midair but just a little inch off the ground. As I waited I then heard a snap of twigs behind the bushes, the whispers of the wind that went into my ears, and thats where the new enemy came out to strike.

I quickly open my eyes and jumped up into the air freezing at that point to look down at the attacker, he was wearing black from top to bottom and I couldn't get a good look at his face, I then I moved back as I slowly landed back on my feet as my heart start to race. "...Your fast I see.....hm for a witch of course.......", he said in a deep tone, the sound of it made me panic, as I exaimine him though I saw a dagger like weapon in his right hand, but when I looked at it more I saw that it was a stake that was already covered with blood already that was problaly from his first kill, I then started to move back but I felt another presences behind me, I knew they were all around me. The thought about this situation started to concern me...so i had no other choice...if I was going to escape....I had to fight my way out... I then relax for a minute as the rest of the men and oddly woman as well, I took off my "earings" and place them in both of my palms with a tight grip, I then pulled my hands up as I faced them eye to eye, "....yeah...you got me....but can't you catch me quick enough?", I said to them, I could sense that they were all confuse and I unravel my palms and a beam of light spread across the street blinding all of them as I made my move taking down half of them, though I did manage to take this pin they had on there jackets abd flew off at the speed of light without even looking back.

By then I was back home locking everything, closing the windows along with the blinds so they couldn't find me, I then grabbed a chair fron the dinning room and place it in front of the door entrance and sat as I waited for grandfather's reaturn. And as I waited and waited and waited....it felt like days went by, the image of the stake was in my head, it made me think something happen to grandfather and he could have been....dead..... I started to burst into tears and pulled my legs up into a hug as I hide my face in my knees. I was scared....if he was gone....I would have lost everything....I would be alone again...but when 10 minutes went by the door swing open and standing there was him....grandfather..., "WICKED ARE YOU OK?!", he asked as her rushes to me into a bear hug, I looked uo quickly and hugged back as I cry into his shoulder, "......there....there wear people after me.....but they we're vampires....they were humans.....but...there skill....I got this from them", I said as I place the pin that I grabbed before in her palm, grandfather just stared at it his eye was full of furious and rage, by then I knew that he knows who these people were. ".....Damn Slayer!", she screamed and through the coin into a corner as I jumped with fright, he grabbed my hand and we rushed upstairs and locked the door behind us, "what did they tell you?!", he exclaim at him, "! N-Nothing!", I reply, "Are you sure?....", "Yes......and....what do you mean slayers?", I asked him. I was still getting used to the vampire rules here and I don't really know who else might be our enimes but people who are slayers?....That's something different...., "...the human beings that hunts diwn vampires my dear....and now they know the protector has apppeared....they could be almost anyway...or anyone....", he said, I felt my heart drop down into my stomach as I went to the livving room and sat on the couch once again along with grandfather. "..W-What are we going to do?", I asked him, "....We can't do anything....and we can't let you leave Bathory....all we can do is wait....and see whats there next move".