Chapter 13: My Secret Crush

As Monday arrived I got all my things and headed down stairs as I go the the dinning room to eat brakefest. "Did you have everything?", grandfather asked, I nodded but wasn't showing a single smile, I know he could sense it but he didn't bother to asked or talk to me about it. Once I was finish I took my cup and plate to the dishwasher and grabbed my bag as I head out the door, "be carful out there Wicked...remember the Slayers are all around", he said, "....I know...", I reply, and without anything else to say I stepped out and headed to school. While I was walking a voice from behind be called out my name, "WICK!", the voice yelled, I stopped and look back and saw Vlad coming up to me. "Hey hows it going?", he asked smiling, "...I've been better...", I reply though my tone was a little darken, Vlad seem to take notice when he started to frown, "Is everything ok?", he asked once again but I just nodded while my eyes were aiming at the ground. Honestly I started to develop a this deep feeling for him when he...slept next to me in his protective hands, he ddin't want to let go...but I knew he wouldn't have feelings for me I mean he likes Meredith more....that is his crush after all........

After trying to get Vlad off my back about my moody self we walked to school together hoping we see Henry at the entrace, luckily he was there but talking to some girls as always. We said hi to him and headed inside, I was kinda happy it was just me and Vlad walking down the halls made me feel special. When we arrive at our lockers Meredith came and kissed Vlad on his cheek, at the point my heart just drop in my stomach again. "Oh you must be Wicked right? Vlad's friend?", she asked, "...Yeah....it's nice to meet you....", I reply as we both shook hands. I wouldn't consider her as a friends since we both have nothing in common but all I could is just be nice to her, "Well I'll see you later Vlad k? And it was nice meeting you Wicked", she siad as she kisses Vlad on his lips with her pink glitter gloss, it sicken me to see them do that in front of me...she left waving back to Vlad until he waved back, I turned to my locker trying to cover my face from letting him see me cry. "See ya......hm....I finally have the girl of my dreams....thanks for the tips Wick....?...Wick?.....", I stayed silent for a bit long and nodded for no problem then quickly closed my locker to head to class fast, I could feel his stare on me when I left and I cried with more tears.

When lunch time came I decided to be by myself at a table for once and notice Vlad was getting concern about me at that point, a lot of people were staring at me with bizarre faces. Around that time that's when Tom and Bill came to my table, "Well well well if it isn't the little witch freak", Tom said, I let out a heavy sigh and look up at them, "what the do you guys want?", I asked, "what? We're just admiring your beauty", Bill said, I raise an eyebrow in confusion, since when did they ever complement anyone? "Ok I'm moving you guys are officially creeping me out", I said as I got up they quickly grabbed my arms fast not wanting to let go. "Whose said your going anywhere witch?", he said, I started to get scared at that point, I just started 8th grade and been through drama now this? What's next? But the unbelievable happen, within a second Vlad knock the two bullies to the ground, he then pulled me to his side and glared at them, "touch her again....and you'll be sorry....", he said with such a tone, he then pick up my try and drag me to the table where Meredith and Henry were, he then sat next to his new girlfriend and didn't say a word leaving me to my sadden thoughts all to myself.

As school was finally over for the day I close my locker as I put my last books into my book bag and saw Vlad coming up to be down the hall. "What the hell happen back there?", he asked, "none of your business...", I said and carries my thing son my back, "you should have not helped me in the first place....", I walked down the halls and left a cold chill behind me as Vlad eyed me the rest of the time till I disappear through the doors. Minutes later I arrive back home where grandfather was reading his book on his main chair while wearing glasses, he looked up and smiled at me as I smiled back, but I didn't mean it....as I did I walked back to my room and landed onto my bed crying till I could not anymore.

After the sun went down I was doing my homework while I listen to music, until my cellphone ringed. One I looked at the caller ID it was Vlad....though I press decline and went back to my work, but of course he kept calling, calling, and CALLING. I then throw my phone at the wall but but not too hard for it to brake, around that time grandfather came into my room with a worried face, "Wicked is everything alright?....", he asked me, I shook my head trying not to let him figure it out that something was really wrong but he knew it right that second. "Dear I might be old but I'm not that stupid...what's wrong?", he asked as he sat next to me on my bed. "....Grandfather....can I asked you something?...", "Of course", he said warmly, "....When you were younger back when..you weren't a vampire...did you had a true love?", I asked him. The room than become quiet it as grandfather started to blush, "well now...I haven't talk about that in a long while...well....yes I did...but it's been so long I forgot your gandmothers name....sorry dear...", he said, "it's fine...but...did she used to love someone else?", I asked him once again, "no...why are you asking?...Do you have a crush on someone?", he asked. I stay silent as I lookd down, I wasn't able to tell him about my feelings about Vladimir or if a protector can be in love with his/her master, so I dicided to keep it to myself, "um...yeah....but he's with someone else....", "I see......well I can't help you there my dear...but I think you should move on with another person..", "ok.....thanks......", I said with a sad tone, "...I'll make dinner ok? Be down soon ok?", he said as he kisses my forehead, I nodded when he left the room and I got back to my work, with that heavy thought about Vlad, I still hate the fact he's dating Meredith but I can't do anything about it, there both in love....I just need to move on....some how.....

The next morning I was walking to school alone, it felt like I was walking for miles and miles on the way to school when it wasn't...but something about this day...it felt a bit off....I felt unease...I looked at my surroundings to see if these slayers where around but luckily they weren't. Grandfather said that they could be anyone in the naigborhood even cops, I was afraid of that....what if one of my teachers was a slayer hunter...well other than Mr.Otis....the more I think about it the more I start to get scared, but today...I had another ememy.....when I stop at a crossraod I stopped and notcie a man up ahead, he was dressed in black but I could see his face, but...he was pale white....I kept looking and notice something...his eyes glow purple like Vlad's...and I saw these red drops running down his mouth, myu heart they came to a stop, but what scared me the most about this man was what he whispered to me, "I finally found you Protector....".