Chapter 40

Olivias Pov:

Harry stood there, watching us and I felt myself cling harder to Nialls arm but the second he saw Harry he got himself out of my grip and took a step away from me, not long, just long enough to not upset Harry. When I looked at Harry I almost broke down, right here in the hallway, he looked so broken and sad, his eyes were filled with tears, threatening to spill over at any second and he just looked really broken. I caught myself with wanting nothing more than to walk over there and wipe away the tears and hold him tight to me, comforting him and telling him that everything would be okay, but I couldn't, cause it wasn't going to be okay this time, he had killed someone and there was nothin either of us could do to change that, so I dropped my gaze and kept walking, passing him without another glance. I saw him and Niall talk for a minute and then Niall came running up to me, taking his place next to me again "What did he say?" I asked, my voice barely over a whisper, Niall looked at me, trying to decide on either I really wanted to know or not "He said he's sorry and that he misses you" he started and I took a deep breath at the heartbreaking words, I missed him so much, just one night had passed and it felt like years, I had felt so alone last night, even in Nialls arms, it just wasn't right, it wasn't Harry. "He asked if he could speak to you" he continued and I stopped "Don't worry, I told him you weren't ready for that yet" he assured me and I started walking again, I really wanted to talk to him but I couldn't even look at him without seeing the murderer. Niall dropped me of at my class and when I said I was scared that Harry would show up he told me he and the boys had gotten suspended and I relaxed a bit "But what was he doing here then?" I asked "He wanted to know that you were okay" he explained and left. I sat with Alex during class and she wouldn't even look at me, afraid that I would get angry at her and I felt the annoyence grow "It's not your fault he killed him so stop being so damn scared" I yelled at her and she looked hurt, but I wasn't in any mood to comfort so I just got up and left. I was walking down the streets towards my house when a car stopped next to me "You want a ride?" a husky voice asked and I cried out in fear "Olivia please come on, you know I'd never hurt you" he said and even though I was terrified of him, I still knew he was right, I honestly don't think that he would ever hurt me, so I got into his car and he drove away "Can we talk?" he asked, looking at me with sad eyes and I felt like I would burst into tear from the sight of him, I hated seeing him sad and knowing that it was because of me just hurt so much more "Harry, I don't know" he sobbed and turned to look out the window "Please" he begged and I gave up "Fine, but just for a little while" I said and we got out and walked into my house, he walked straight up to my room and stopped in the middle of the room, unsure of how I would react to him on my bed right now "It's fine" I said and he finally sat down next to me "Olivia please you have to understand, he hurt you, I couldn't just let him get away with that" "I can understand that Harry, but you didn't have to kill him" I say in a whisper and he looks hurt "I know, I didn't mean to kill him but when I saw his face and the smirk he had from knowing he had hurt you, I don't know it just did something to me, I couldn't stop" he looked down at his hands as he explained and another sob was heard through the now quiet room "Harry, I'm sorry but I can't, I really want to be able to tell you that everything will be fine but I can't, you killed him and I don't know if I'm ever gonna be able to get over that" I saw the tears slide down his cheeks now, knowing my words was what had caused them "I understand" he cried and was just about to get up and leave when he turned back to me "Can I just stay for a little while, I've really missed you and I need you" he whimpered and I nodded my head yes and he immediately took the place next to me on the bed again, now laying down on his back, eyes oleading for me to take my place on his chest and I did, not caring for anything right now, just focusing on the feeling of being in Harrys arms for the last time. He held me tight, probably knowing too that this would be our last time together, he kissed my forehead and I felt a tear land on it, sliding down my face and joining my own tears that were streaming down my cheeks "I don't want you to leave" I cried and his grip on me tightened "Then don't make me" he pleaded and I cried even more at the sound of his voice, he sounded so sad, weak and broken "I have to" I said and it was his turn to cry out "Olivia please don't give up on me, on us, not now" he begged and I felt like I would literally break, I leaned up and kissed his cheek, making the kiss a bit longer than usual, and when I pulled away I had my eyes closed, not wanting to see what I was about to cause "I'm sorry" I whispered and turned my back towards him, he sobbed and I knew he had gotten the message as he stood up and slowly walked out the door, several cries were heard as he made his way back to his car. And I finally broke, knowing this would be the last time I ever had Harry this way, as mine. I heard the doorbell ring and made my way downstairs to open the door and slung myself at the boy standing in the doorway.