Chapter 3: Sweet Kisses

~Carmen Silvers Point Of View~

The drier rang loudly through the empty house, and I ran to the bathroom to check on the laundry. I closed the bathroom door behind me and opened the drier, checking to make sure everything was dry. Once I was satisfied that everything was dry, I started pulling out the dark clothes.

Halfway through emptying the drier, a familiar pair of dark jeans appeared and I smirked at them as I folded them. I put them at the bottom of my pile and the continued.

Once I was done I put all the laundry in a basket and carried it upstairs. I went into my Dad's room and left his laundry on his bed and left Lilys laundry on her bed while she was in the bathroom getting ready for her party.

I went to my room, put away all my laundry, changed the sheets on my bed since my bed was a huge mess of sheets and comforter from last night's excitement with Austin, and then I went downstairs to watch TV.

I lounged on the couch all day, watching cartoons and movies and what ever else was on TV until finally my Dad and Lily left. I struggled to pick myself up off the couch, but it was so comfortable. After about ten minutes of arguing with myself I finally got off the couch and ate a quick dinner before going back upstairs.

Since I didn't really expect anyone to check up on me tonight, I put on my pyjamas. Well, I put on shorts...and Austin's tee shirt. I couldn't help it; it was a really comfy shirt even if it did go down to practically my knees. I've worn it a couple of times already, but no one's ever seen it.

For some reason, just lying on the couch watching TV made me exhausted and far too lazy to get off my bed so I curled up on top of the blankets while I waited for Austin Although I didn't feel the cold like I used too, it was still pretty cold outside, enough to make even me feel chilled. Which made me uncomfortable lying on top of my bed.

Just as I was about to slide under my sheets my window slid open and in came Austin. He looked at me for a long moment, one eyebrow arched.

"What?" I asked, feeling self-conscious.

"I can't decide if you're trying to seduce me or rub it in my face that you look better in my clothes than I do," he said, closing the window before he lay down next to me with a sigh.

"A little of both," I said, closing my eyes as I curled up against his side.

"So....how did you like my extra little gift to you?" I asked tiredly as I looked at the side of his neck, where my own 'love mark' was.

He scowled in response, "Do you not realize how hard it is for a guy to hide it? Turtlenecks look really weird on guys and I can't wear a scarf either because then I'll look like an idiot."

I shrugged, "Oh well."

"Oh well?" he echoed, "What am I supposed to tell somebody if they ask me where I got it?"

"Tell them you met someone at a party," I shrugged again, "Doesn't really make a different to me," I said as I snuggled deeply against him.

"I guess I'm not the only one who's exhausted," he commented, yawning.

"Don't yawn," I scolded him, yawning.

"Sorry," he said sheepishly as I slid under the covers.

He was quick to join me after tossing off his shirt, his arms wrapped around me and my head on his chest while our legs got tangled up.

"I say we nap," I said, yawning again as my eyes slipped shut.

"Agreed, it's only nine o'clock after all," he said, his voice fading until I could barely hear it. I knew Austin was asleep now; his deep breathing was a sure sign of it. I smiled briefly, and after a moment of listening to his breathing I was out like a light.