Chapter 18: Spin the bottle

-Carmen SIlvers POV-

"Who wants to play spin the bottle?!" Brett cried joyously.

It was Saturday, early afternoon and we were all sitting around in the living room. I'd already crossed off another day off my calendar; 27 days left until Valentine's Day.

"Ugh, do we have to?" Lance said, scrunching his face up.

Oh shit, I thought, panicked. As much fun as spin the bottle sounded, I had a boyfriend (again, still not too sure of this fact) and even if I didn't I couldn't kiss anyone unless I wanted to be in extreme pain.

"Yes, we have too!" Brett protested, hitting Lance over the head with a plastic Pepsi bottle.

"Fine," Lily sighed, rolling her eyes, "Everyone sit in a circle."

"Okay, rules are; if it's girl on girl or guy on guy, it's a kiss on the cheek, if its guy and a girl than it's on the lips." Brett explained quickly.

I raised my hand and he called on me, and I felt strangely like a student in class and also like a dork, but what ever, "Um...can it only be like...a quick peck for like a second?"

"Yeah, yeah, what ever," he shrugged, "As long as those lips touch someone else's."

I chewed my lip nervously while Aiden rolled his eyes at me.

"What's your problem? You've kissed guys before so what's the deal now?" he asked.

I've done way more than just kissing, I thought grimly, "Usually those guys I kissed were my boyfriends and not my friends."

"Well, I used to be your boyfriend so technically speaking you'd be fine kissing me?" he countered, throwing a pillow at me.

I caught it easily before I whipped it back, hitting him in the face, "Not at all. So don't be getting any ideas, Aiden. Keep those lips away from mine or I'll cut off what makes you a man."

He grumbled something under his breath while Brett set up the game. Obviously, he'd come prepared.

In this version of Spin the Bottle, when you spun the bottle you had to pick a card from the deck and do as it says to the person. Of course, that would be if you were kissing someone of the opposite sex. We were still keeping our girl-on-girl-or-guy-on-guy-kiss-cheek rule though.

We were about to start when the door bell rang. Thank God; saved by the bell...literally. I leapt to my feet and hurried to the door, whipping it open.

"Hello, Carmen," Alexsaid cheerily, shaking the hair out of his eyes, "I hope you don't mind but I...brought a friend."

I frowned, looking over his shoulder. I saw a car being parked in the driveway and just as I was about to ask who his 'friend was, I got my answer.

I froze in the doorway, my hand on the door handle tightened significantly as I watched the figure walk towards us, head bowed against the winter wind and snow.

"Um...hey guys," I said nervously, keeping my gaze away from Austin as I stepped aside, "Come in."

They both walked in without another word and I closed the door behind them, taking a deep breath to calm my nerves as they pulled off their coats and boots.

"Um...okay so, you're just in time for spin the bottle," I said, forcing a smile.

Surprise registered on Austin's face as he looked at me and I knew he was thinking about the soul mate thing where we couldn't kiss anyone. I winced and he shook his head as they followed me into the living room.

"Guys," I called to my friends, all sitting on the floor, "Um...this is Austin" I said awkwardly, seeing every single one of my pack mates heads whip up in shock. They all seem surprised but Matt seemed...angry.