Chapter 25: Clean Hands

-Carmen Silvers POV-

I shot to my feet, "What did he do?"

She shook her head furiously, "I'll explain later but you have to come now!" she pulled me behind her while Alex followed behind us, all three of us sprinting.

She let go of my sleeve as I sprinted after her through the halls until we reached the front entrance. We shot through the doors outside and she lead us around to the back of the school were I could hear panting and groaning and someone sobbing.

Fear stabbed at me as I shot around the corner, slamming on the brakes as I took in the sight before me.

Caleb standing with a gleeful grin on his face while Liam and Matt lay on the ground panting, muscles jerking and tight as they practically screamed in pain, eyes closed with blood running down their cheeks. Kayla sat on her knees between them, tears streaming down her face as she sobbed, fear and pain on her face.

"Caleb!" I shouted.

His gaze shifted to me and the gleeful grin widened, "Isn't it beautiful? Isn't it amazing?"

I strode forward, Lena and Alex flanking me on either side.

"What have you done?" I whispered, looking at Matt and Liam on the ground. Lena went to Liam, cupping his face in her hand while tears filled her eyes. I fell to my knees, cradling Matt's pain filled face.

"I told you that the games were starting," Caleb purred, "And I'm only fighting fair."

I ignored him and focused on Matt, brushing his sweat dampened hair off his face, "Matt," I whispered, "Matt please, calm down. I'm here."

He groaned again, head shaking jerkily from side to side as the veins stood on in his neck and arms, puckered scars protruding from his skin.

"Matt, come on. Everything's okay," I whispered, wiping away his bloody tears.

But he didn't calm down; he didn't so much as look as if he heard me.

I stood, hate shooting out to Caleb, "What have you done to them?" I cried as Kayla started rocking herself back and forth, still sobbing while Lena was trying in vain to get Liam's attention and Alex stood downwind, looking helpless.

"I haven't done anything," Caleb said innocently, "I was simply talking to them when they started to Change."

I lunged at him, hand going around his throat as I slammed him back into a tree. Surprise flashed across his face in that split second and he struggled against me but I grabbed his one hand by the wrist and pinned his other hand between our bodies.

"What did you do?" I hissed, slamming his head against the trunk.

His eyes flashed flat black, "What difference does it make? You're going to have two full werewolves on your hands in a few minutes so why are you focusing on me?"