Chapter 7: NightMares

~Carmen Silvers Point of View~

Okay, I can live without Austin for one night. But a whole week? Let’s just say I feel like I’m going through withdrawal.

I haven’t seen Austin  outside of school, for a week since we’ve both been tired and attempting to catch up with our new classes and stuff plus I had to go to rehearsals for the show and tonight was the last showing of the…well…the show. I was glad it was almost over.

Basically, everyone at school was stressed to the max this week because of the dang schedule change, ergo when it finally came to the weekend everyone was ecstatic.

But I wasn’t. I was worried. Austin seemed tired, and he coughed a few times during the week too. I know that it could just be from the stress of school and class changes and catching up that has him lacking sleep and energy but for some reason I didn’t think that was the reason.

But anyways, Jake and I had already sang together really well last night as well as tonight and now we were just waiting for the last few acts to perform before we could go home. I finally figured out Alex’s part in this show; he was a totally incredible piano player and he played on the piano while a pretty girl sang Silent Night. It was amazing.

And when the curtain finally came down on us bowing, we all hurried off the stage to gather are stuff and say goodbye to our friends before heading home with our parents.

I’ll admit, though the week was stressful I did become surprisingly close with Alex and even Jake and had fun with them.

We all walked out of the cafeteria together, which was were everyone in the show waited for their turn to perform while watching the performance on a TV, but before any of us could even blink someone shouted ‘Jake!’ and suddenly there was a petite black haired girl with an arm around Jake as she stood on tip-toe to kiss him.

“You were amazing,” she said and then noticed Alex and I.

She frowned at me, “You were singing with Jake right?”

I nodded, “Carmen this is my girlfriend Lily, Lily this is my friend Carmen.” Jake said, gesturing between us both.

I chuckled, “Nice to meet you,” I said, thinking about how she had the same name as my own sister.

“Likewise,” she said, smiling a little.

“Well, I’m going to go find my parents so I’ll see you guys on Monday,” Jake said, waving as he walked away with his girlfriend. Obviously, finding his parents was going to have to wait a moment because as soon as they were further away they kissed again.

I watched them enviously; would I ever get to be with Austin…in public? I love being with him, just the two of us without anyone knowing, but I’m sure after a while I’m going to start to get sick of it.

I sighed before bidding Alex goodbye as I started to hunt down my sister and father.

********

It was Saturday night, finally, and I was restlessly pacing my room, wishing Austin would show up so I could regain a little bit of sanity.

I don’t know how long I paced my room before I went to the bathroom, took a shower, and got ready for bed.

I’d already given up on wearing shorts to sleep; now I just wear underwear, a bra and Austin’s tee-shirt since its really comfortable.

I had just given up on the thought of Austin coming as I leaned over to flick off the light of my room when I heard my window slide open.

I froze, turning my head to see Austin anxiously crawling through my window. He slid it shut and just as he looked up I leapt off my bed and tackled him. He stumbled back a few steps in surprise, his arms winding tightly around my waist.