Chapter 16: Many Times You've Been Close To Breaking

-Carmen Silvers POV-

The two days passed, seeming to drag by and the only thing circling around in my brain was Natasha's words, over and over again.

"The night of the third full moon, when it's the highest in the sky, the change will be complete and the person will be no more, only an empty shell for the demon to live inside until it's time for a new body," her face was grim and my heart skipped a beat while the room spun.

I put my head in my hands, bent over slightly as I breathed deeply, trying to get rid of the nauseous feeling inside.

"You can't save them after the third full moon?" I breathed.

There was a pause.

"I highly doubt it; I've never heard of it being done before," she said.

Did that mean Austin still had a chance or was he doomed?

I only had thirty days left; a month before the third full moon and I still had no idea what to do. Natasha had helped somewhat, but she didn't know how to save Austin anymore than I did.

The only person who may know is the one person Austin forbade me to go near. Well, screw Austin I'm talking to Caleb whether he likes it or not.

Since it was lunch time, I looked over at the vampire's table and was surprised to see Alex missing. I had seen him this morning, so maybe he was already rehearsing?

"I'm going to go rehearse," I said quietly to my pack before I stood up. Matt caught my hand and pulled me back down.

"Carmen," he said softly, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I said, looking away.

"Are you sure? Ever since this thing with Austin started you've just...haven't been acting like yourself," he said, worry etched into his face.

"You don't even eat anymore and you barely sleep or anything," Liam added.

"We're worried about you," Lena said gently.

"I'm sorry guys," I said, deadpan. "It's just hard."

"And we understand that, but you can't keep going on like this," Kayla said, shaking her head, "Its not healthy."

I inhaled sharply, my hands curling into fists under the table. "You guys don't understand," I said standing up.

"Then make us understand," Matt said firmly.

"I can't," I said, struggling to keep my expressionless mask. "See you later."

I turned on my heel and left, heading straight for the music room. I couldn't help but be annoyed with my pack; Austin was more important to me than they could imagine and now that there's a chance that I could lose him for good...well excuse me for exactly being the funnest person to be around right now.