Chapter 11: Blood

-Carmen Silver POV-

Watching Matt and Lily interact with each other had to be the funniest thing I've ever seen. They were constantly flirting and cracking jokes and even touching each other's arms and hands while they talked.

When Lily went to her room to go do homework I called Matt on it.

"You were totally flirting with my sister!" I said excitedly.

"I was not!" His green eyes popping open.

"Was too!" I protested.

"Was not!" He argued.

"Was too times infinity and one!" I cried.

"Damn it!" he cursed; even he knew you couldn't beat infinity and one.

"Yes!" I cried victoriously.

Matt put his head in his hands, "Can we just focus on the French project?" he asked feebly.

"Uh...no! When did you start liking Lily?" I asked, leaning towards him eagerly.

He exhaled, rubbing his eyes, "I don't know. I've barely spoken to her until now...but how about we talk about this after we're finished the project, okay?"

"Fine," I growled, and we set about doing the project.

Obviously, Matt is pretty damn sneaky. His Dad was supposed to pick him up at about six o'clock on his way home from work but his car broke down on the highway so by the time they got it towed it was pretty late and now they didn't have a car to pick him up. Instead of us driving him home, we simply decided he'd stay the night at our place.

So we ended up finishing the project but we did not talk about Lily, mainly since I forgot. We did watch movies though (Matt's suggestion...obviously a ploy to make me forget about Lily and the flirting), and Lily came downstairs to watch it with us. Lily sat in between Matt and I, and Matt had his arm slung around the back of the couch, around Lily's shoulders.

I remembered that we didn't talk about her at that moment, but by the time the movie ended I forgot. But I did remember something incredibly important.

Austin.

I whipped out my phone so fast and immediately sent him a text telling him he couldn't come over tonight since Matt was spending the night here.

He sent a message back telling me it was okay and that'd he'd see me tomorrow night.

I tried to swallow my disappointment and enjoy the night with Matt but decided I wasn't really up to socializing anymore so I went to bed and left Lily and Matt alone.

Austin couldn't come over because then Matt would know he was here, and Matt cannot know Austin visits me at night or even talks to me or anything.

I sighed as I slid into bed, alone again. For the next week I ended up sleeping alone since Austin and I always had something come up that disabled us from seeing each other at night. Of course, I barely slept since I was so worried about Austin. He seemed to be getting worse and worse with each passing day; his coughing became more frequent, he was more and more tired and sluggish, and he had stumbled several times during the week.

By Saturday night was in the worst mood in history; I wanted to see Austin and not seeing him was making me crazy, not mention the lack of sleep and the constant worry about him.

I was thankful no one was home to see me in my bad mood but that meant I had an empty house, which made my bad mood worse knowing that I was still alone.

So, with nothing better to do, I went to bed early. I woke up a short time later with someone playing with my hair.

My eyes flew open in shock and I saw Austin looking down at me with a wide smile in the dark.