Chapter 30: Were You Weak, Was I Strong?

IF YOU READ CHAPPY 29 SKIP THIS AND READ THE STORY Okay GUYS SORRY ABOUT CHAPPY 29 I DELETED IT WATTPAD WAS BEING GAY BASICALLY WHAT HAPPENED IS CARMEN WENT TO AUSTINS HOUSE TO APPOLAGIZE HE FORGAVE HER THEY WERE LKI E TOUCHING -sounds so wrong- BUT TRUE UNTILL CARMEN GOT COMFORBLE AGAIN AROUND HIM AND AFTER ALL THAT SHE ASKED TO GO TO HIS ATTIC FOR THE BOOKS AND THERES AN ENTRY OF ALL OLD WEREWOLFS SHE BORROWED VANS BOOK A WEREWOLF DUDE :3 AND YEAH THEN SHE HAD TO LEAVE '-' Yep not to exciting

-Carmen SIlver POV-

"You make me feel out of my element, like I'm walking on broken glass," I sang, "Like my world's spinnin' in slow motion and you're moving too fast."

"Were you right? Was I wrong? Were you weak? Was I strong? Yeah, both of us broken, caught in the moment," Alex and I sang together, "We lived and we loved and we hurt and we jumped, yeah. But the planets all aligned when you looked into my eyes, and just like that, the chemicals react. The chemicals react."

"You make me feel out of my element, like I'm drifting out to the sea. Like the tide's pulling me in deeper, making it harder to breathe," Alex took his turn to sing, "We cannot deny how we feel inside."

"Feel inside," I echoed.

"We cannot deny," we sang again together, "Was I right? Was I wrong? Were you weak? Was I strong? Yeah, both of us broken, caught in the moment. We lived and we loved and we hurt and we jumped yeah. But the planets all aligned when you looked into my eyes, and just like that, the chemicals react. The chemicals react."

We continued our edited duet until we finished. Mr. Tanner applauded us enthusiastically and we grinned and high fived. With the show only two weeks and a day away, fifteen days exactly, we really had to start practicing more so we could be ready for the show in time.

Mr. Tanner left soon after, but not before telling us to take the rest of the lunch period off for doing outstanding work. Instead, we decided to stay in the music room but we decided to invite Austin so I sent him a quick text. As soon as I hit send I sent a silent prayer up to God, praying that Austin was indeed Austin today and not Caleb.

When the door to the music room opened a short while later, revealing a slightly tired look Austin I was more than relieved. He closed the door behind him and I stood up to hug him. He squeezed me tightly before he sat down on the piano bench and pulled me into his lap.

"You haven't been sleeping," I said quietly, drawing my finger under the bruises under his eyes.

He caught my hand and kissed my fingertips before he let it go, "It's nothing. Caleb's just worrying me, that's all."

I frowned, not really believing that that was the whole story but I let it slide since Alex was here and it may not be something that he wanted to broadcast to a Coven member.

The three of us chatted for a few minutes before Alex decided to leave us some time alone and left. As soon as he was gone I turned to Austin, glaring.

"So...did you enjoy Van's journal?" he asked before I could even open my mouth.

"Yes," I sighed, "I haven't had much time to read it, but the time I did have I had trouble putting it down. But there's something I wanted to ta-"

"You should start writing one," he cut in, playing with my hair, "Might as well get a head start. This way you could still write about when you first found out and everything for next Alpha."

"Did you start already?" I asked instead of answering.

He nodded, his eyes begging me not to ask the question I was dying to ask.

"I was thinking about starting one," I admitted slowly, "But thinking about just sitting down and writing and being calm and relaxed...it's a bit hard to even think about."