Chapter 4: On the phone with a vampire

~Carmen Silver Point of View~

I felt something pressed against my neck, and my eyes opened sleepily to see the top of Austin’s hair sticking up all over the place. I tried to flatten out just as he nuzzled my neck. I giggled, squirming awkwardly underneath him. My neck was always a sensitive and ticklish spot, which is kind of ironic considering I’m dating a vampire.

“Stop it,” I scolded, still giggling.

He groaned, “You’re no fun,” he whined.

“I’m plenty fun, if you don’t remember your Christmas gift,” I reminded him.

He pulled himself up, so he was lying on top of me between my legs, “Trust me, I remember it,” he said, smirking as he pressed against me.

“I just woke up!” I protested feebly, already feeling my body wake up right away at his touch.

He sighed dramatically, “Fine. Later then,” he said, pulling out of between my legs.

I tightened my hold around his waist, “Where are you going?”

“Home,” he said in a ‘duh’ voice, rolling his eyes as he unwrapped my legs from around him.

“Tease,” I glared.

“You’ve done it plenty of times to me, I’m just returning the favour,” he winked, sliding towards the end of my bed. He picked up his shirt and pulled it over his head as I crawled the edge of the bed, sitting behind him as I wrapped my arms around him from behind.

I rested my cheek against his back, right between his shoulder blades and sighed, “Do you have to go?”

“Actually, yes. My parents are expecting company tonight and I have to help out,” he said, and I felt his voice vibrate through his back against my cheek.

I pouted, lifting my head as I rested my chin on his shoulder, kissing his cheek as I slid my arms around his neck. He put his hands on my arms, turning his head to side to kiss me gently.

“I’ll see you tonight,” he promised, unwinding my arms from around him as he slid off my bed. I frowned at him as he yawned and stretched. He looked groggier than usual, but maybe he just had trouble falling asleep last night.

“Fine, see you later,” I said, stretching back out on my bed, grabbing the edge of my comforter as I tried to pull it over me since it was still warm from our body heat.

“Going to sleep so soon?” he teased, and I felt the mattress dip a bit as he sat down.

I grinned briefly, my eyes slipping shut, “I thought you had to leave?”

I felt his weight shift and his lips brushed against mine, “I think I can spare an extra minute or so.”

I reached one hand out blindly, pulling him back to me. He slid back under the covers and I curled up against his chest as I felt exhaustion hit me again.

“Austin?” I yawned.

“Mmmm?” he hummed, sounding tired as well as he pulled me closer.

“Are you still going to stay over when school starts?” I asked, idly drawing patterns on his arm with my finger.

I felt him give me the briefest shrug, “Probably.”

I smiled, snuggling closer to him while he groaned.

“What?” I asked, yawning again.

“I don’t want to leave, it’s so comfortable,” he said, burying his face in my hair.