Chapter 27: Ex-Girlfriend

-Carmen Silvers POV-

I wracked my brain, knowing I'd felt something like that before but I couldn't place it. I lay on my back, scowling as I tried to figure it out. After several minutes I sighed pulled my phone from the pockets of my jogging pants.

Need rescuing yet? I texted to Austin.

There was a long pause before he finally answered.

Please.

I frowned at the text and stuffed my phone back in my pocket before I headed downstairs, creeping silently until I got to the landing. I walked forward, hearing a girl's voice.

"What happened to your arm? Are you okay?" the girl asked.

"I'm fine, I just wasn't feeling too well today," I heard Austin reply.

I stepped uncertainly into view of the front door, seeing Austin sitting on the floor, clutching his chest while a girl with brown hair and blonde streaks sat next to him.

"What happened?" I asked, frowning at Austin on the floor. And the girl's hand on his leg.

The girl looked up at me in surprise, her blue eyes widening, "Who are you?"

I frowned, "Carmen. Who are you?" I asked, trying to ignore her hand on Austin's thigh but it was hard. Just by looking at her I knew I wouldn't like her.

"Jeanine," she said, looking me up and down. A pleased looked crossed her face before she turned back to Austin, who had a pained expression on his face.

Why was he in so much pain? I walked over to them and sat down next to Austin, shooting him a questioning glance. His eyes darted to her hand on his leg and looked back up at me.

Oh.

"Do you think you can stand up?" I asked him, taking his hand.

Jeanine's eyes narrowed at our hands together and I struggled to keep from rolling my eyes at her.

"Yeah," he said tightly and I helped him to his feet. As soon as Jeanine's hand fell from his leg he relaxed visibly.

"So...is Caamen a new friend of yours?" Jeanine asked Austin, looking at me with slight disgust.

(bitch much)

Probably because I was wearing jogging pants, a skimpy tank top and my hair was a total mess. As opposed to Jeanine who looked very stylish in her tight black jeans, off the shoulder white top and high heels.

"Carmen," Austin corrected automatically before he faltered, glancing at me for help. I rolled my shoulders as if I had an ache in them but Austin knew I was shrugging. He could tell her what ever he wanted; it made no difference to me.

"She's my-" he started but then the phone rang. "Excuse me," he said, shooting me an apologetic look before he hurried away to answer the phone.