Chapter 31:Rumours and Therapy

-Carmen Silvers POV-

"You bastard!" I cried, lunging at him.

He didn't have enough time to react and I knocked him right off the bed, both of us going flying onto the floor. He snapped out of his shock and rolled me off of him.

But I was so angry that I rolled us over easily, jamming my knee right in his gut as I grabbed his wrists and pinned them above his head.

"You killed her!" I cried, "You killed her!"

"Killed who?" he asked, annoyed and confused.

"Demi! Van's second-in-command!" I said, lifting his upper body off the ground only to slam him back into the hardwood floor, "You killed her and left Seth with her dead body!"

"Who the hell is Demi? And Seth?" he snapped at me, looking at me crossly.

My chest heaved and my vision cleared slowly as I took slow deep breaths. He really didn't know who they were.

"You killed her," I breathed, "And they killed him because he lost his mind when you killed his mate. They put him down like a dog."

"I don't know who you are talking about," he said, struggling to get me off him but surprisingly he couldn't manage it.

"The soul mates!" I exclaimed, slamming him into the floor again, "When Natasha left you!"

His glare deepened at the mention of Natasha before it cleared.

"Her name was Demi?" he asked, "And his was Seth?"

"Yes," I hissed.

"Huh, I never knew that," he shrugged, looking as casual as if we were discussing weather and not the lives and deaths of the previous Pack and Coven's second-in-commands.

"You bastard," I hissed at him again, "How can you not care?"

"I just don't," he said seriously, "I was too distracted by Natasha to care about a pair of weak werewolves and vampires."

"So what? You say you never loved her but you were distracted by her?" I challenged, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Nothing," he snarled, thrashing underneath me to get me off of him, "Imagine the only person you kept around for several centuries suddenly takes off on you. Even if you don't love them that doesn't mean you don't want to know what the hell happened."

"Oh really? Now imagine if you actually loved the person," I spat at him, "Imagine that person didn't run away, but got taken away."

He glared, "If you're here to guilt me about killing that bitch and taking away your mate then you're wasting your time."

"I'm not here to guilt you about anything," I said venomously, leaning my head down to his, "I'm here because I'm mad. You broke Van's Pack and Sally's Coven all because you were selfish. You couldn't even have the decency to put Seth out of his misery and instead left him to be killed by guards."

"I was going to kill him," he growled, "By the time I got back he was already dead. I only wanted him to be tortured for a little while. Do you honestly think I wanted those humans to get their dirty hands on him? Humans have no right to interfere in our kinds affairs."

"Our kinds? I hope you don't mean werewolves, vampires and demons together," I said, disgusted by the thought of being lumped in the same category as him.

The sinister smile was back, "You may not like to hear it, my dear, but our three kinds go way back, always mingling together. The point is, our type should not be stepped on or bothered by humans. They have no right to do so."