Chapter 3: Do or Doubt

"What do you mean?" Dan frowned nervously. Phil grabbed Dan's arm tightly for emotional support. Someone had just broken into their home after a terrorist attack and now they can barely see that person even though they're only meters away. This is one of those times you definitely don't want to recall in the future. Dan's heart began to race faster with every passing second. "I'm simply not the police." The woman spoke, "Turn on the lights." Phil did so under the command. Dan kept still. He stared at Rachel, and so did Phil. Her eyes were like knives. They pierced into Dan's brown ones, and he felt weak. Phil's blue eyes met Rachel's too, and he suffered under similar affects. Rachel closed her eyes and relaxed; she would stop looking at them like that now that she has full control over the situation. She opened her eyes once again, but now they appeared friendly. "Alright ladies, we can do this one way or the other." She began. She pulled out her magnum and held it in a slack grip. Dan and Phil yelled in fear and crashed into each other when they began to move. They curled up into balls of defense and waited to be shot. "You are now my hostages. However, I will be nice and actually let you walk around. Wow! Imagine that!" Rachel laughed with sarcasm while Dan and Phil whimpered in fear. "No seriously, get up. I'm not going to let you get killed." She spoke. The two men were frozen. She forced them up, one at a time. Dan's cheeks and under-eye were rosy from worrying. Rachel patted the side of his face playfully then exited the room.

Dan drew a breath. "What the fu-"
"Come on." Rachel spoke through the doorway. She began turning lights back on.
"No... No. No! No! Hey!" Dan said angrily as he got over his small panic attack. Phil followed cautiously. As Dan followed the woman around his apartment, Phil picked up a knife from the kitchen. He sighed and placed it back. She had a gun after all. He looked around in the kitchen. Is there something he could use to knock her out or intimidate her? Instead, he eats a couple of marshmallows from the cupboard. "What the hell, Phil?" Dan spits in disgust as he stands in front of the kitchen. "We have some sort of terrorist in our apartment and you're eating marshmallows?" Rachel walked past Dan and took a couple of marshmallows out of the packet for herself. She sat on the kitchen counter. Dan stared at her while Phil ate another one. "Oh, wait, what? You have a terrorist in your apartment? I just checked it all. We're safe for now." Rachel said. Dan's mouth gaped open at her comment. "What are your names?" She continued.
"Phil." The black haired northerner spoke.
"George." Dan said.
"Dan, what-" Phil began, but was cut off by Dan glaring at him.
"Dan and Phil." Rachel said with an eyebrow raised. Dan slumped his shoulders back in frustration. Phil's face dawned in realization. Now that she has their real names, she can look them up. What if she finds out they're famous entertainers? She would use that to her advantage quite easily.

"Alright, so here's what we are going to do." She began.