Chapter 4: Talking on Tightropes

Rachel had finished explaining her complicated plan to the two British boys whom looked at her dumbly. They paused. "What is your name?" Dan asked.
"Rachel." She replied.
"Well, okay Rachel, that was a nice scheme and all but it's best that you go now." Dan said as he guided her out of the kitchen.
"It was lovely having you as a guest." Phil chipped in as he walked across to the stairway. Dan pushed lightly on Rachel's back. "Don't worry about coming to visit-"
"Stop." Rachel said as she whipped around and pulled a gun to Dan's head. He froze, and Phil attempted to pull the gun away from his best friend. Rachel elbowed Phil with her right arm, which was the arm she held the gun with. Dan tried to grab the gun off of her, but she sighed as she twisted his arm with her left hand and pushed him to the floor. The pair groaned a little bit and watched the magnum being pointed towards their heads. "That was silly and weak, but I'll give you an A for effort." Rachel smirked. The front door downstairs swung open with a loud bang. The voices that were heard was not the police. It was the GETA. "Come with me or die." Rachel said quickly, sliding her gun away and yanking the two men up from the ground. She ran and they followed. The footsteps became louder as they traveled up the staircase. The three ran back up to the study where Rachel had previously dropped from the ceiling. A gaping hole was present. "You destroyed our apartment!" Dan growled. Phil covered Dan's mouth in attempt to shut him up. Rachel excused it and the three climbed into the roof and began their escape from the trigger-happy group downstairs.

They climbed though vents with the lead of Rachel. She was cringing at all the noise the two civilians made. She popped out the side of the building and held a grappling hook in her hand which she took from her belt. She shot it across to a building near by. "Alright, do what I do. Use your jeans to slide down. Your fingers will be ripped off if you don't." The dark brown haired woman spoke. She held the fox-grip and slid down the rope. She regained her balance on top of a car. She beckoned Dan and Phil to come down quickly. "Phil...?" Dan questioned. The leather clad man was the first one to go.
"Go on Dan. I won't look." Phil laughed nervously. Dan took off his skinny jeans awkwardly in his horizontal position before shimming out the building, sliding down the rope in his boxers with his jeans used as grip. Phil did the same thing. Rachel reeled up the rope and reattached the utility to her belt while the boys struggled their jeans back on in a hurry.

Rachel leaped down onto the street. A lot of people had already fled, so it was spacious. The rain had began to lighten, but it still dampened the small group. The panther-like lady punched in the car window letting it's alarm off. She grimaced before turning it off. Dan and Phil jumped down from the car in their socks onto the wet road. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" Phil hissed.
"Get in." Rachel spoke. She got in the car herself and began hot wiring the engine.

"Don't, Dan." Phil said as he held his friend back from getting in the car. Dan saw the logic in that situation, and so they both decided to sprint off down the street the opposite way of which the car faced. Rachel didn't care. They'll be back. The engine turned on and she smiled proudly to herself. She heard the screech of tires whipping around the corner down the street. She knew it was the GETA. They would have heard the car alarm. She also heard Dan and Phil yelling and screaming in surprise and sprinting back to her car, jumping in at opposite sides. "Drive! Fucking drive!" Dan bellowed at Rachel. She laughed and the car sped off with the mafia-like group on their tail.