Chapter 5: Cars and Catastrophe

The grey car sped off in the night followed by the hostile black car. A bullet broke through the back window and hit the back of a front seat chair. The boys shrieked. "Oh God, I'm so sorry I said I was atheist but I was wrong- I was so wrong- please help me and my best friend-" Dan began praying for his life and rambling before another bullet hit the car. Everyone yelled this time. Rachel ducked and weaved in the now-empty streets. The police must have evacuated the area. She then wondered if the BBC was reporting on this. That would ruin some plans for sure. Helicopters began to follow the hot-tailed chase below. "Phil!" Rachel called, "Here's my gun!" She threw back her magnum, and it landed on the seat in the middle with a satisfying thump. Phil almost threw up.
"I get car sick and these turns aren't helping!" He called. Another bullet was fired from the black car but completely missed the car they were in. "They're helping save your life!" Rachel growled.
"Don't throw up." Dan said awkwardly, trying to comfort his friend even though he felt sick himself.
"What do you think I'm trying to do?" Phil hissed, then covered his mouth.
"Dan! Shoot their tires!" Rachel snapped.
"You shoot their tires! I'm not touching that gun!" Dan growled back.
"Grab the gun and shoot their bloody tires before they shoot ours!" She yelled.
"I don't know how to shoot a gun!" He shrieked.
"I'm going to throw up!" Phil yelled after yet another turn. He went to throw up outside the window but Dan pulled him back. "Are you insane? You'll get shot!" He growled.
"Phil, you must shoot the tires!" Rachel yelled, hoping Phil would suddenly gain an adrenaline rush to complete the action. She was becoming anxious and impatient.
"Let us out, Rachel!" Phil sneered.
Rachel began to loose her patience. "Shut the hell up and listen, asshole! Shoot-"
"Don't talk to Phil like that, bitch! Get the fuck out of that seat and let me fucking drive!" Dan snapped and leaped into the front.

Rachel thanked the heavens something is being done, and she slipped into the back seat via crawling under Dan, almost crashing the vehicle. Dan turned the car out onto a main road just before the car could collide with a brick wall. He sped down the road, noticing the police and the helicopter behind him. Rachel began firing shots at the GETA car. She managed to burst one of their wheels. She wondered why they weren't firing. The car skidded to a halt and only the driver exited and ran off into an alleyway. "Oh no..." She breathed. She whipped back around to the two men and angrily spat, "If someone shot the tires earlier, the other members of the team wouldn't have escaped! They escaped, Phil! Right from under our noses!" She said as she moved closer to Phil; his t-shirt in her fist.
"What if it was a decoy?" Dan yelled back to Rachel.

Motorbikes and police cars became closer to the grey car. "They made the police target us."