Chapter 19: Drive or Die

"We are not good at this." Phil said to Dan. Dan nodded in agreement.
"We didn't get killed, so that's a plus." Dan said, out of breath. They had been running away from the area of the shoot-up.
"According to the paper I got from Stacy, she was meant to deliver that paper to the men in the restaurant to finalize the bomb location. The power surge and the bomb is happening tomorrow." Phil explained, "Some people are at a power station at who-knows-where, but the people we should be worried about are probably digging around in our station right now."
Dan's eyes widened. "Our radio show!" He stopped running and attempted to catch his breath as he checked his phone. He looked through the call history. "No! Phil! We have too many missed calls!"
"Turn your phone off." Phil said yet again. Dan called back the BBC to notify them that they can't be there for their show this week, or next week. Phil face-palmed. "Dan! We need to get back to London first!" He said, sweat dripping off his brow. Dan hung up the phone.
"They didn't answer... There was no connection." Dan said.
"... The GETA is connecting the bomb up." Phil said. Dan straightened his suit and turned his phone back off right away, realizing that the GETA have actually tracked his phone.

"I still want to know where you got these suits." Dan said. Phil shrugged and smiled.
"Let's go get a ride." He said. And with that, Dan and Phil joined a truck-driver on his route to London after a while of waiting for someone to pull over. The trucky didn't question them. He just turned on the radio, and let Dan and Phil relax without talking. The radio was on BBC News.

"... Numerous attacks by terrorists in Britain in the last few days gaining the attention of countries worldwide." A woman reported, "Shoot-ups and thieving has increased alongside the attacks, and there has been theories behind two different groups performing these actions." Dan and Phil widened their eyes at each other. The report continued, "A large criminal organisation in Britain..."
"Not just in Britain." Dan muttered. Phil nudged him.
"Police and official forces are coming together to defeat this threat. The second group has been seen by local citizens. If you see or have seen two men wearing dark colours, one with brown hair and brown eyes, the other with black hair and blue eyes both standing over six feet tall, please report this to the police immediately." The report finished, and music began to play. The truck-driver's breath hitched.

He looked over to Dan and Phil who looked worriedly back. He gulped. "Sir, do not panic." Phil said. The truck driver straightened his beanie and continued to drive. "Sir, please do not panic." Phil spoke.
"Please don't kill me." He said as he slowly pulled the truck over.
"Drive." Dan said. The truck driver got out his phone. Phil knocked it out of his hand and Dan held his gun to the man's head. The man whimpered. "You could have just kept on driving," Dan said harshly, "but you wanted to call the police. We are above the police. They don't know what they're doing. We are not the 'bad guys'." The truck driver swallowed, then drove off once again.

Finally, the boys arrived in central London, and the truck driver agreed to keep the little secret.