Through the years: Childhood

When I was born, the second time, I was sure I was dreaming. Let me just say that if I am dreaming, than this is a way too fucking long  dream. Or nightmare, it depended on your point of view.

My first years as baby Bonnie we're not the best. I mostly sleep, and when I wasn't sleeping I was being breastfed. Yes, it was a traumatic experience that will forever haunt me. When I reached five it was already noticeable that I wasn't a normal child. I could already write and read, and used difficult words that most college graduates didn't even know the meaning of. 

At six, Grams took me to see a doctor to see if I really was smarter for my age. I apparently was, well only because I looked five when I was actually thirty five. 

My relations with my 'parents' weren't that great, but then again cannon Bonnie also didn't have great relationships with her parents. Abby had left when I was four, but I never had a deep meaningful bond with her. I knew from my memories of the show that she would abandon her daughter, me in this case. She lost her magic, and then left her daughter to be raised by her mother and her workaholic ex-husband. 

Well, let it be said that If I ever see her again I'm punching her hard. Rudy, well Rudy was alright I suppose. He was always traveling in work, all around the country and didn't have time to spend on his daughter. But he tried, even if he used presents to buy my love. 

Of all of them the one I was more with was Grams. The old witch was the one that mostly cared for me, while my absent father worked and my mother lived her life elsewhere. But even so we didn't have the deep relationship cannon Bonnie had with Grams. It was mostly my fault. I knew the old crone was meant to die sooner or later, and most of cannon Bonnie's mistakes were caused by the pain she suffered when her grandmother died. I refused to let it happen again.

Not to mention that the old woman was still keeping quiet about the witch stuff. I had thought that maybe cannon Bonnie had been told about magic as a child, and then eventually forgotten about it thinking it was her childhood imagination.

But no. Actually the moment Abby left, the old witch had come into our house and closed off the attic which was where my mother kept her witchy stuff. Never mind telling me, apparently both Rudy and her wanted me far away from magic. 

But I couldn't help myself. One of cannon Bonnie's problems was that she had no knowledge about being a witch. About what she could or couldn't do. She was a total noob and it got her killed. That's why I was so determined to learn. I needed knowledge, and quickly.

Somethings from cannon had already happened. Abby had already left, and I had even gotten a glance at Mikael. I was already 'friends' with Elena and Caroline. Well, just with Caroline. While Caroline was a barbie type of child, always demanding attention she was also very blunt which was amusing. But Elena was the crybaby type of child, always moaning about something and crying. If I thought she was annoying as a teen, I was mistaken. As a child she was worse.

I also knew Matt, Tyler and Vicki. All of our mother's were friends from high school, and we were all born on the same year so they enjoyed making us have play dates while they got drunk reminiscing about their teenage days.

So being already acquainted with the future scooby gang, I knew It was just a matter of time before the Salvatores pranced into town and my peaceful life turned to hell. I had a diary with everything written that I remember about the shows, both the vampire diaries and the originals. I even had a section for the timeline from the books, just in case.

I knew that there were things that needed to happen, and some things that truly needed to be changed. For example Caroline still needed to be changed, because she would be an amazing vampire and because she evolved into someone strong after it. But this time I would be there for her, I always though Bonnie had been a bitch about Caroline's transformation. Also, Klaroline was happening no matter what. I was making sure of that. 

The ritual was also happening. Klaus was always meant to be an hybrid, and I believe that anything can be a part of nature. Nothing was against it. For example, vampires where part of nature because they had a natural enemy - werewolves. While Klaus was mostly invincible, fate had made him an hybrid and has such that was his destiny. I would try to save Jenna, but If I couldn't save her ... oh well.

Saving Alaric was also high on my list, as was trying to fix the Gilbert rings before the alter ego was born. Keeping Stefan on bunny diet was a must, even if I had to volunteer to take his place for werewolf hunting for a summer with Klaus. Ripper Stefan just annoyed me too much. Stopping Finn and Kol from dying was also in my plans. Keeping Silas in stone for eternity was also on my top five thing to do. Not to mention killing that Shane dude, who was the one that mostly screwed Bonnie over. Well, I still had a few years until that. 

Right now I had to plan for the future. 

---

It was a hot summer in Chicago. My father, Rudy, had came here on business and I had pleaded to come with him. I had given him a lie about wanting to spend my summer days on the pool of the hotel. He had relented, mostly because he did not like my Grams and taking me away from her was a win in his book.

He had left early in the morning, most likely forgetting the seven year old child on his hotel room but whatever. He knew I was a smart child, mostly because I acted like adult all of the time. Letting out a sight, I payed the taxi driver and got out of the car before he could ask me where my parent's were again. I stayed looking at the building in front of me for a bit before letting a grin split into my face.

I slowly stepped into the bar, taking everything around me. It looked like the 20's remained in this place, it was eternal. 

"What can I help you with darling?" The woman in the counter asked, looking at me amused. "You're not old enough to drink yet doll."

"Hello Gloria." I said, giving the old crone that looked in her forties  a smile.

"Hello sweetheart." She replied, although the narrowed her eyes slightly at me.

"Can you teach me witchcraft?" I inquired, walking towards her. "My name is Bonnie Bennett." I declared, making sure to put a strong tone in my last name. 

"Well, aren't you an interesting little thing." The woman replied, smirking at me before she closed the front door of the bar with her magic and walked towards the back.

"You coming little Bennett?" She asked, as she swirled her hips.

Grinning, I followed her.