Crashing a Tea Party

I parked the car in the school parking lot, already late or my classes, not that I was planning on attending. I came to school to talk with Care, after all, I did miss one of her dances, not to mention one where Klaus came to make chaos, without telling her why. I ditched her; she was bound to be pissed.

I walked into the school and I didn't even have to wait long before an annoyed voice sounded through the corridor. "Bonnie Sheila Bennett, where in the blazes of hell have you been?"

"Hey Care Bear, you are not going to believe the night I've had." I turned towards the raging Caroline with a smile on my face, trying and failing to look innocent.

The blonde vampire reached me and grabbed my arm, pulling me out of the crowded school corridor and into the parking lot.

"You better have a good explanation sister, or else I have a rant planned that you will have to listen to until I am finished." Caroline said, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Listen, it was a total bitch move to ditch your party and especially not telling you I was ditching. It really had nothing to do with the fact that the 60s are the lamest theme you ever came up with, it didn't even have anything to do with the fact that Klaus was planning on attending." I explained, before correcting myself. "Actually, it did have to do with Klaus attending."

"The 60s are not lame, and if you try to tell me you didn't have an appropriate outfit, I will have you know I had one ready for you. What does Klaus ruining my party have to do with anything? Thank God that the Salvatore's and Klaus had their pissing contest outside the gym, or it would have completely ruined my party. Did you know he was possessing Alaric?"

"It seems all went well even without me at the party, that's cool even If I'm feeling slightly unimportant." I replied, before walking towards my car with Caroline by my side.

"You still haven't explained what you were doing last night Bonnie, or why you didn't pick your phone or reply to my texts." Caroline crossed her arms over her chest and demanded an answer.

"Ok, I have a great explanation." I replied before using my car key to unlock the car. I nodded at the trunk and told the vampire. "See for yourself."

Caroline carefully looked at the trunk of my car, before opening it. She looked down, let out a loud gasp and closed it immediately. She quickly looked around to check if anybody was close by before turning towards me with wide eyes.

"Bonnie, why is there a vampire corpse with a dagger in his heart in the trunk of your car?" She slowly asked, still processing what she had seen.

"Because since I knew Klaus would be busy last night I went ahead and stole his brother's corpse from him like a master thief." I explained, she was taking this better than I thought she would.

She blinked at me slowly, before opening the trunk again and taking another peek. "Oh my god, that's the vampire pirate." She squealed.

"Yup." I cheerfully replied, still kind of proud of myself.

"Why does he still have the dagger in his heart?" Caroline asked. "I thought the plan was to help him because you made a deal with him."

"The deal was that I would get the dagger out, not that I would do it myself or that I would do it right now." I shrugged, although I could bet my ass that Kol's ghost was probably cursing my existence right about now.

"Ok, stealing a sexy vampire pirate corpse is an apt excuse for ditching my awesome party." Caroline replied with a smile, for some reason she was way too cheerful about this.

"Awesome." I said, happy with this ending.

"So, what are you going to do with him?" Caroline asked, nodding at the truck with the corpse inside.