Worst Date Ever

The security guard let us through, without giving a verbal invitation, after he saw the invite that Kol had pried out of the previous owner's dead cold hands. Thank you Tessa, without you my plan wouldn't have even started.

Arm in arm we stepped into the house, I shivered as I took the first step in. It was glamorously decorated, high glass chandeliers and the like. The house was quite full already, for a secret society this looked fully booked. I glanced at the bar and saw Caroline, sipping on champagne while scanning the room with her eyes. Next to her was Elijah, with a more relaxed pose even if in a suit, looking like a king amongst the peasants.

By how the two of them were acting, Enzo still hadn't been brought out.

"I guess the man of the hour has yet to appear." Kol commented lightly and leaned against the wall, he had found a good place to see the action in the room.

"Seems like it." I replied dryly. Being the a room full of rich assholes was definitly not how I imagine spending my free time. 

"Darling, I have a question." Kol inquired, narrowing his eyes slightly. "Why did you tell the lovely Caroline it was your first murder when I remember you gallantly saving her from the wolves by murdering a bunch of them?"

I glanced at him, wondering why he was asking this. Was it because he thought I had lied? Either way, it didn't matter but I suppose a bit of mindless chit chat might make time fly faster.

"I have a teacher, her name is Gloria." I replied as if telling a tale. "When I was young I studied a whole summer with her in her bar in Chicago. One time this raving vampire entered the bar and demanded a sunlight ring."

Kol stared at her silently, quietly listening to where this story was going.

"I still remember... Gloria was behind the counter pouring herself something to drink when he came in." I continued. "She didn't reply, she didn't laugh and she didn't even bat an eyelash. I saw her hand move and the next second the vampire's head was rolling on the floor. I was shocked at the time but I didn't make any noise. Gloria looked at my wide eyes and told me 'Little Bon Bon, you're a witch and this is a normal day in the life of a witch. You are part of another world, the supernatural world, and in our world blood, death, and chaos reign supreme. In the human world, if you kill someone you're a murderer and will be arrested but there isn't a prison for lawbreakers in our world, it's kill or be killed. We might have the same weaknesses as humans but we're witches, and in our world, we aren't murdering we're just surviving'."

"So you don't considerer killing the wolves murder because they're supernatural?" Kol asked intrigued with her point of view.

"Well, first of all, they started it... them dying by my hand was just karma being a bitch. Nobody told them to come after Caroline. But yes, I don't think it's murder. Vampires, werewolves, and witches are all part of the supernatural club, we all know that whenever we meet another member of the club we might not survive the night. Humans, on the other hand, aren't members. They're the bunnies that get roadkilled when the rest of us don't care about a speeding ticket."