Ancient Enemies

"I'm feeling peckish." Caroline said from the bed, with her eyes still closed. Of course the first thing she would say as a vampire was something  like that. Sure, peckish for blood. 

"That's good because I just stole five blood bags from down the hall." I replied, still cautious on how to handle Caroline. I mean, I did snap her neck a few hours ago. 

Care's eyes finally opened, and she looked at me with a small smile on her lips. "Is it weird that I'm kind of excited about drinking blood? Because two days ago I thought sleeping with blood suckers was kind of kinky." 

"Now you're the kinky one." I replied with a smirk, Caroline was still her perky self but with fangs now. 

The blonde winked my way, before grabbing a blood bag and drinking it like if it had a straw. After the first taste her eyes turned red, with black veins, and her fangs popped out for a second before she controlled herself. For a just turned vampire this was amazing, while I didn't want to compare my Buffy to Bella Swan she had astonishing control. 

"I came baring presents, by the way

"I came baring presents, by the way." I finally said, when she finished the last bag. 

"You mean the one's you forgot to buy for Christmas?" She asked, sarcastically. I knew she wasn't going to forget that so soon. 

"Sure, why not." I said, rolling my eyes at her. "I brought you a ring and a bracelet." I put them on her hand.

"This blue stone..." She said, looking at the ring on her hand. "This is a daylight ring, isn't it?" 

"Of course. While my books mention that it's extremely rare to find vampire's with such rings that's not the case when you sister from another mister is a awesome Bennett witch." I replied, sitting down next to her on the bed. 

"Bonnie..." Care said, somewhat overwhelmed. Vampire emotions were much stronger than a human's,  she was still getting used to it. 

"The bracelet is much more important though." I continued, putting the bracelet on her right arm. "This is a amulet I spelled, it will help you with the bloodlust. This way you don't have to change your life completely." 

"You mean I can go to school, be with Matt?" She asked, still shaken. 

"Of course, you're now Caroline the Vampire but that doesn't mean you're not Caroline Forbes. Being a vampire just adds to the awesome person you already were." I replied, pulling her to a hug. 

She stayed quiet for a while until she finally snorted. "You know the bracelet works, a few seconds ago I wanted to rip your throat out." 

"Bitch as if you could." I replied, laughing. "I'm still the wicked witch, I can still wipe the floor with you sister." 

"I'm Buffy the vampire, Dark Willow couldn't possibly kick my ass." Care replied, grabbing a pillow and throwing it in my face. 

I grinned and threw the pillow back at her, with a laugh. This felt like ... home.