Freezing Inside

'In the beginning things were so simple, well

'In the beginning things were so simple, well ... not really. This new life for me was tough, I mostly dissociated reality when I was a child, with time it got easier to know this isn't a dream.

 I remember my psychiatrist telling my father this disassociation also resulted in lack of empathy which was why she diagnosed me antisocial personality disorder. In case any descendants of mine that are reading this don't know what that is (if I even have descendants), well, it's commonly known as sociopath. In the words of Sherlock Holmes, I'm high-functioning sociopath.

 Even so those were the days, the calm before the storm. We used to do normal things before, like going out to the grill to play pool and eat fries. That was b.s (before the Salvatores), after vampires came back to Mystic Falls everything changed. Fucking Damon trying to play ball, and Peaches being annoying. Katherine being troublesome, yet looking cool as shit. I'm not even going to mention Elijah yet, with his awesome good hair, or Klaus with his shitty dimples. There's so much to this history yet to be told ...' - Bonnie Bennett's Diary, page 25 

--

"So what are you doing today?" Caroline asked, after our first class. I had been in school for two hours and I already wanted to leave this cursed place. 

"Let's see..." I said thoughtful. "I'm going to ditch P.E to go see a vampire about daylight rings to get more money. After that I'm going to get something to eat at the grill, so how about we meet up at 5 p.m for brunch, and I'm going to spend the rest of the day training."

"Why do you need more money?" Caroline asked perplexed. "Didn't you get a bunch of money from Jeremy's vampire girlfriend?"

"I did, but I need more." I replied, opening my locker and stuffing my math book in there. "I only spent some of that on Grams funeral, but I need more."

"What are you scheming now dear friend of mine?" The blonde cheerleader inquired, with an amused smile on her face. 

"You know me, always scheming." I replied, shrugging. 

"I bet five bucks I know what you're doing." Care said, now smirking at me. "Care to take that wager?"

"I'm the seer here, but sure go for it." I replied, as we started walking towards our next class. 

"You've been hauled up in some secret witch cave of yours that you have yet to share with me, and If I know you, you want to upgrade it to be as awesome as the batcave." The blonde guessed, looking at me for confirmation. 

"Maybe." I replied, amused at her deduction. 

"I bet you want to make it super safe, and recalling the vast number of vamps in this town these days I say you want to buy the land or the house, or the cave..." Caroline continued, looking at my response.

"Not bad Sherlock." I replied with a shrug. "What do you make of it?"

"I think it's awesome to have your own super secret witchy hangout, but only if you invite you Buffy to chill in it too." She replied, proud of herself of guessing what I was up to. "But do you really need more money for that?"