Blink

I was barefoot while wearing a comfortable pair of black yoga pants, a white sports bra and my hair on a loose bun sitting in lotus position on the green grass, in my Gram's old backyard, with my eyes closed. I had slept like the dead after the ritual but the moment I woke up I felt a buzz in my mind, like an itch that I needed to scratch. The problem was I wasn't entirely sure what it was. 

Caroline had stayed the night, and before leaving an hour ago her advice was for me to meditate or, as she put it, 'do a witchy spiritual quest or something'. That, and do a pro and con list about the results of the ritual. 

So here I was, sitting on the grass meditating like a hippie while feeling the early sunshine on my body. I wasn't sure how this was going to go, so I decided to just relax and focus on the sound of my heartbeat and the sound of my lungs filling with air. 

Breathe in, breathe out. Breath in, Breathe out. 

The next thing I know my breath got caught in my throat, and I let out a silent gasp as I felt the air around me, inside me. One moment I was feeling the grass on my feet, the next all I was became air. 

I grinned, looking at my hands

I grinned, looking at my hands. Yup, they looked like my hands alright but I didn't feel like tangible matter or even flesh. I felt like the air on a windy morning or the breeze at the end of the day. I could barely put it into words. 

I looked around, noticing I was up from the ground but when I looked down I saw myself sitting meditating. Whatever I was doing, it was like an out of body experience. Obviously some kind of elemental projection, but it still needed to be tested out. This could be the hack I needed to teleportation, without the years of mastering spirit and astral projection. I mentally crossed my fingers and looked around once more. 

I felt like air and air was everywhere, so I looked at the other side of the backyard and mentally yielded myself there. Nothing happened for a moment, and I blinked in confusion. That's when I felt myself moving, but not in the normal sense of moving. Like how you imagine the wind to push away a flower, but faster. 

The moment I opened my eyes again I was where I had wanted to be, so the conclusion was that it worked when I blinked. I could only move when I blinked, almost like a weeping angel. 

I decided to test it a bit more and focused on the town square this time and blinked. The feeling of being pushed away was exactly the same, which meant it didn't change with distance. Maybe If I tried bigger distances the result would be different. 

I opened my eyes once more, to see the old clock tower and the Grill. Before I could think of anything else to test out some random woman passed right through me like I was a ghost. It felt strange, to say the least. Not like projection, because if someone passes through you it feels like nothing, but more like when a stranger touches your arm on the subway. Somewhat wrong, like an invasion of privacy.

I just shook my head and moved to the sideway to make sure no one else walked through me. I reminded myself of what I was doing and thought of another test, this time I wouldn't think about the location but a person to see if it worked like projection.