Chapter 14 The Truth

The night was cold and windy, the crickets were the only sound he heard , the meeting with his family had really exhausted him.

Lady Josoline Prescott

That name kept repeating in his mind as if it was hunting him. He had retired to his room but the thought of her alone and waiting for him made him flee his bed.

His journey to the hidden room was short but his mind kept replaying what Ethan had said.

Marrying her. He shrugged then he hissed.

Was that a good thing or was that bad. The way he felt about her wasn't really evident to the naked eyes. He wanted to bed her that was certain but uncertainty he felt was foreign . His mother had told him to leave her and that's what he was going to do.

He entered the room and Josoline was already curled up in the love seat . The fire was lite and soft candles every where . That young maid had did a good job in cleaning the room he thought.

He walked towards her and sat before her in the chair her peaceful face ,the little sounds she made as if it was a snore but it wasn't loud enough to be one. He smiled looking at her, would that be bad to get marry even to a lady like her, he questions.

He shook his head the idea was absurd.

She stretch and yawned her eyes barely open and a tiny smile appeared when she saw him.

" My prince " her voice low." I thought you weren't coming "

He gazed at how adorable she looked and sound." Why would you think that ?" He asked smiling at her.

"Because it so late I thought you weren't coming, I thought something came up" Her voice still sheepish .

" No problem just a family thing "

"Oh" she rose from the love seat and got up to her feet, " I think my feet went knob from being in that position so long" she stretched out her arms then smiled at him," you most thing I'm so unladylike " she said with a blush .

"A matter a fact I do not,I think your funny , irresistible, beautiful, enchanting but never unladylike" his face serious, his words laced with emotions that was beyond him but all he knew he spoke the truth.

He stood slowly walked towards her , Josoline's breath hitched. He needed to kiss her, to touch her. Forget Ethan and his boyish ways and forget mother because he wanted her in all the wrong ways.

" why are you approaching me so slowly " she asked nervously , her lips got dry all of a sudden she licked them . His eyes follows her tongue, from the day he had seen her in the stables he had wanted to kiss her .

" because if I ran to you, I'm afraid that would scare you away " said Leo with a smirk.

Josoline stood still as he confronted her his hand held the nap of her hair. She wanted this she only imagine his lips on hers now he held her. From that first meet he had teased her but after that he was a consummated gentleman but what had change tonight what was he thinking now that she was well ready to end the meetings.

He lowered his head, Josoline heart racing , goosebumps on her skin." I need you" he whispered inches away from her lips.

Her eyes staring into his," I do not understand " she breath out.

" Then allow me to make you understand " he whispered kissing her cheek, she felt fire on her he moved his lips slowly to her lips. He kissed her hard and passionately, she tried to kiss him back even though this was her first. His mouth search for her neck kissing and licking the area, he stood behind her slowly undoing her dress and she didn't stop him. Her stomach in a knot.

Her body quivered under his electric touch. He kissed her shoulder going across her back to the other every kiss feeling like fire, she squeezed her eyes shout. Her hands still at her side he turned her around to face him then saw her eyes closed and smiled , her pretty face had lust and panicked written all over it.

He brushes his lips over hers, then said," Do you want this" his voice low.

Her eyes shot open only to met his blue eyes that told her this was what he desires." I do not know, my mind tells me no and my body tells me something else " she whispered looking into his eyes searching for answers. The way she said that gave him a arousal.

He licked his lips as if he tasted her. The hand that held up her dress released it making it fall into a puddle at her feet.

Josoline body felt not of her own, the way his hand went up and down her slowly the way his cologne only manage to make her inside quiver.

Leo looked at her through the thin fabric of her night gown her full little breast and small frame had him thinking of everything that could of happen right now.

Suddenly she kissed him passionately her arms wrapped around his neck she just moved in impulse. He couldn't help but respond to her passion he kissed her like he never kissed another, her kisses were innocent and wild. It drove his mind over.

He pulled away from her kisses, his eyes searching for answers unknown to her. " did I do something wrong Leo " she asked innocently.

Her eyes blurry with lust," no " he hissed.

She covered her self with her hand all of a sudden feeling self conscious,

" oh" said managed .

she reached out to him but he moved away. She bit her lips feeling embarrassed all of a sudden.

So many thoughts ran through his mind, he had respected her way too much even liked her more, he knew marrying her wasn't a opinion so he did the right thing for the first time in his young life towards a woman.

Then he thought ," If Ethan asked you to marry him what would be your answer ?" he asked .

He had looked dangerously handsome in the candle light. His lips pressed in a thin line.

His words took moments before it had process in her brain. Then it hit her , she had asked herself then it came to her . Ethan was safe and with this love less affair she had too choice but to choose safe because of the end of the day she'd only be one of Leo's conquest.

" yes" she said looking at him nervously.

It shouldn't of surprised him but it had , so he had to ask her this.

" if I had what would you say?"

"No" her answer had left her lips before she even gave a second thought.

His brow furrowed" why?" He asked in disbelief.

" Because you will never love anyone but yourself" her voice little less than a whisper, " and I couldn't love a man like you" she lied looking away.

Leo looked away as her words stabbed him in a place that was of his heart.