Chapter 39 Untold words

The dinner table had be unusually silent tonight ,after words had gotten out of lady Josoline departure alot of questions had arise. Each individual had there own theories ,The debutants chatted amongst themselves of the possibilities, rumors had it that her memory lose had alot to do with it, even that Ethan left her because she was Leonardo's mistress and if that wasn't enough they slandered her name saying that she could no longer afford to stay because of the bankruptcy they were suffering when words got out.

Leonardo sat back in his chair eyeing each debutant in the elegant fashion; Each beautiful in there own unique way ,each wanted a husband and many would do anything to leave with a proposal. His fingers on his chin thinking of what the guard had said and all that had happened in the past weeks .

None of these ladies was like her and none could ever be. Her leaving was like a dagger to the heart, Ethan looked unfazed as though he had other matters to distract him with and every now and again Leo curiously wondered what but his responsibilities that had now increased stopped him from finding out.

Flash Back

Leo paced the throne room floors unable to think clearly , he felt the need to throw something ,to yell . Why wasn't she coming to him, was it so hard to choose, How could she forget their love.

Maybe it was not as deep as he had thought

The doors knocked and he jumped. A bite of hope in his stomach.

Enter..

He roared

Lord Michael Thronehood walked in looking dashing and in London's latest fashion waistcoat, his childhood friend and a fellow knight that had been away from this drama. It was his season to find a wife as well but he had managed to escape the fiasco of a season.

Michael's father Lord Jasper Thronehood one of the most  influential man in council and society and was a great friend of the king.

"Prince Leonardo my friend" said the dark hair man.

" Lord Michael when did you return? " he said with a surprised expression .
They hugged , Michael looked over his long time friend an how uneasy and stressed he had seem.

Leo grinned at him," you look well" he complimented.

"Well If I may say so myself I've been very will. On the other hand you look like crap" he chuckled.

"I bet these debutants are driving you mad..." he continued," I believe you would had them needing you and begging for more. I passed a few down stairs atleast this season have beautiful women"

Leo walked away taking up his wine glass once more his back turned to Michael ," if it were that I would have look like a new born but I met someone" Leo revealed.

Michael chuckled pouring him self a drink," So what does that have to do with your over bearing appearances."

He turned his back to the wall then slide to the floor , glass in hand. Michael realize that the situation must of had a major effect on Leo , The Leo he knew was always laughing and most likely surrounded by beautiful woman.

" Leo you know your like a brother to me.. I feel I got here in time " Michael said seatinon on the ground beside him." I know when your distressed and you appear to be that way now because I expected to come see you at the last fourth night you puppeteering these ole pretty polished dolls"

Leo chuckled at the irony of his statement.

" My friend if it were so.." he said shacking his head ," I would not be the one sitting here drinking away my feelings."