Chapter 21 Hope

" Josoline? " Leo called. He thought he was imaging things. The engagement had his head aching , how was this possible that she had said yes to Ethan . Did she not consider him before taking this decision, wasn't it evident that he had feelings for her, didn't the night they spent mean anything.

"Leonardo?" Her eyes shun with tear.

His face ice cold," what are you doing here?'' He hissed.

She stood up and walked to him," I didn't want you to find out like this" she said in a panicked tone.

" then why?" He asked unable to look at her.

" because I had too" her voice laced with emotion.

" when did this happen? " he asked, his body ridged from anger.

" The night at the museum" she cried.

" Why did you say yes?" He needed to know he needed some sort of closure and he still think that wouldn't be enough.

" because I had too..." She balled , "I had too..you just don't  understand....I had to Leo"

He stood still with his hands at his side , he just didn't know how too handle all these feelings." You keep saying that Josoline but why I need to know " he yelled in frustration.

She touched his face and he flinched," I just l...just do not know how to say "she whispered.

She felt ashamed all of a sudden , her knees had gotten weak. She fell to the floor and Leo caught her cradling her as she weepies .

" it okay" he said kissing her forehead. He thought she had feelings for Ethan but she cried as if someone had died. The anger he felt had just disappeared when she touched him.

" no its not, I...I..." She stuttered.

" shhh" he coed.

" I'm so sorry if I had betrayed you" She cried, her face flushed, her eyes red and hair in a mess but all he wanted to do was kiss away her pain the anger he felt was slowly simmering .

" Jos why did you say yes?" He asked. He was Eger to know know why did she choose Ethan.

" because ..." She sniffles, " he was a safe bet"

Leo's brows furrowed, " what do you mean?"

She eased out of his arms and looked at his confused face," Ethan loves me and even though I do not I can grantee he will not hurt me"

Leo now understood , it all made sense now he had thought them both wanted the same thing. Adventure, romance but not marriage nor love, Ethan could supply that.

" but I thought you didn't believe in love nor being in a submissive marriage " he managed feeling guilty for making her feel as though is only wished to bed her.

" Leo that doesn't mean I won't mature as time goes and want someone who will cherish me, Leo there is a time in once life where the choices you will have to make do not only affect you but also family " Josoline said gazing into his eyes.

He touched her lips with his thumb, " I want to be with you" he said without thinking.

Her eyes blurry from tears," but how ...I am after all I'm marrying Ethan "

" you will not marry him, we will get married " he said placing butterfly kisses on her face.

" but I thought you didn't want to marry , I thought you think of marriage only bedding one woman..I thought you did not wish to be tied down. " she said smiling .

" I will be willing to marry you and take you to bed and arise with you for the rest of our lives than having a world without you " he replied. He held her head closer to his.

Tears fell àgain," are you telling me the truth Leo?" Josoline said in disbelief.

"Yes". He responded," I'll just have to sort out the little details ..I'll have to tell my parents I'll be taking a wife this season "

She grinned and launched into a hug, " I love you " she said out of excitement, she only realized she had said it when the words left her lips. Her body went stiff so did his.

She pulled out of his embrace, "I .."

He kissed her ignoring what she had said ," you will have to call the engagement off as soon as possible " Leo said trying to brush aside her words.

"I don't wish to hurt him"she replied feeling guilty. She had noticed that he had ignored , her heart string pulled but why had she been surprised and hurt that he hadn't even acknowledge her words so she did what he had done pretended like it hadn't been said.

"You will have to if we have a future" he said smiling at her. He held her head closer to his then said," it is just you and I only and one has to get hurt it you wish to be happy "

She kissed him softly.  Was this really happening was this awful story of her life  going to change.

" and I will make you happy " he added.

-------------------------

Leonardo was out of his mind with glee. He had agreed to marry her now all the things change , his heart kept pudding hard as he walked towards his father's study where he had asked them to meet him the next day.

He turn the knob and entered the spacious room, with countless books , his father large oak desk in the center. His mother sat in the large gray settee sipping ginger tea. The king had his head down signing documents.

" Leonard sweetheart " his mother beamed, she stood and he kissed her cheeks.

" mother" he replied, he looked at his father who had a pleasant smile looking at his son and queen," father " Leo bowed.

" Leonardo" his father response, " so why do you wish to see us?"

Not sure where to start Leo felt as though this was going to be a long talk.," well father I've decided to take a wife" he said mildly decided to go straight to the point.

His mother clapped her hands" really Leonardo.. ? " she asked with a broad grin, her elegant face lite up.

" yes mother I do ...I really do wish to " he replied with Josoline pretty face in mind.

" very well I shall assume your trip went well" his father said relaxing in his chair . he touched his breaded face considering what was the reason that made his son changed his mind.

" yes father" Leo replied hastily .

" do you have a lady in mind? " the king added his husky voice booming through the room.

" yes father " Leo was never afraid of the king he and his father had always had a brilliant father and son relationship.

" and does this young lady know your intentions Leonardo?" The king questioned.

" yes father. she does. Our relation is a little complicated but she's wonderful father and the sooner we can make this public the Better"

" Very well then " his father said standing," when you ask her and she says yes I wish to be the first to congratulate you " said the king extending his hand for Leo to shake it.

" why would you think she'd say yes?" Leo joked .

" because you are my son" said the king chuckling.

" Well".. Leo started his eyes narrowed after the laughter died down

" Yes my boy" his father said

" I asked her already and she said yes...I just wanted your blessings" he said

" Ohh ..." He father moved around his table then stood before his first born who he now think has matured to be a good man." Well if she had stole your heart..I cannot wait to meet this poor girl" he said with a chuckle.

Leo smiled proudly . He jumped with joy inwardly that his parents had given him their blessings to move forward.

" oh i'm am absolutely speechless, " The queen interjected bouncing from her seat taking her son into a embrace. Her sledder frame entwined with his." I'm so happy first Ethan now you . I am a very happy woman and I know Theo will take a wife soon"

Leonardo spine went stiff from guilt, which was knew to him only if she knew that Ethan wanted marry the same lady.