Chapter 37 Goodbye

Ethan had paced the little library at the far east wing of the palace, it was the only place he could think of that would give him peace because it hadn't really been occupied much . All this was too much to comprehend, it was unbearable he was disgusted by Josoline and Leo actions . All this time they were having some sort of a affair .

He took a swing of brandy it brunt his throat going down to him this had taste like josoline, She had been bitter sweet .

Oh he was a fool he thought being in love with this woman who wasn't even what he thought. He threw himself in a chair near the small oak table. She wasn't prefect and now she wasn't even modest

Sigh

Then he went into deep thought placing his elbow on his knee trying to get some sort of grip because his mind had been all over the place and the whisky was making it worse. This was a new day he thought something had to be done and wasn't he even having his own little affair with Madeline.

Hypocrite his conscious said

He scoffed.

Now even worst she was with child then maybe this was Carma become this was the woman he wanted to marry , the woman that could not do wrong for him.

He ran his palm over his face , wasn't he Being a hypocrite for he was doing the same . Maybe the affair was before he courted her because if Ethan should he honest no one normally told Leonardo NO... and that had not been a issue before but now that it was a person of his interest the reality of Leonardo's womanizing ways had gotten the best of him.

The conversation between him and Leonard was shorted lived when the Queen walked him last evening.  He wanted to tell him his mind , punch him again ..hell stab him ..but he coulfr because he too had betrayed Lady Prescott.

A small knock on the door broke
him from his chain of thoughts. He felt irrational even jealousy now a servant wanted to disturb him...

"Enter " he hissed not even glancing at the door

The door opened and there stood a familiar scent of Heather his head flew up as the scent hit his nostrils.

" Hello" she said timidly, her heart beating like a hammer to a nail. She fiddled with her fingers unable to look him in his eyes.

He stood placing the bottle of whiskey on the small table with the lamp.

" Lady Josoline" he growled. She flinched his dark tone frightened her

She looked up at him and her face was flushed bright red,he could tell that she was afraid but she should be after what she had done to him, the humiliation he faced .

josoline took a steady breath, " I wish to speak with you Sir Ethan"she replied her eyes burning into his.

His jaw tighten at the formal barrier that he had tried so hard to break down.

He was angry at her, she had mocked him even made him a joke to society now ,he looked away he felt the need to slap her and kiss her, the thought of Leonardo had touched her bare and made love to her brought hatred to his hearts insisted of love , he had waited now this was the reward for being a gentleman.

" I do not wish to speak with you now lady Josoline" he said through gritted teeth and clenched fist.

She expected that , the pain was written all over his face," I know you do not but I most tell you this . Just listen and I will speak please" she begged , her hand gripped her beautiful yellow Muslim day dress her breath itching as she tried to find more words.

Ethan thought her unbelievable, she asked this of him after all she had done he walked over to the bookshelf leaning against the hard wood his eyes scanned over her beautiful elegant face, the face that had stole his heart.

" I will give you two minutes " he said showing two fingers.

She swollowed hard that was all she needed

" I had hurt you and I'm sorry from the bottom of me heart but I chose to marry you not Leo,he had proposed and I said no because I knew you were the better Man, better husband than he would of been at the time All I'm saying i beg your forgiveness " her eyes welled up.

His jaw flexed but his ego felt good that she had deny that fool.

" I'm sorry but I am going to leave palace I do not wish to marry you nor him , you gave me a wonderful experience Ethan and I will never forgive myself for how I deceived you"she said apologetically.

She placed the ring on the table before him next to the whiskey bottle. His eyes trailed her every move but he said nothing.

" I'm so sorry Ethan" she ended leaving the room.

He was left stunned and hurt because he knew she never loved him and that's what hurt the most.

******"**

The meeting with Ethan had went okay because she had thought it would have gone much worse but her fears did not surface. Her slender body made hast to the other side of the palace to the throne room, time was fast running out. A maid had informed her of Leonardo's where abouts, he had been in there since morning.

Her heart felt as though it had been broken. What she had prepared to tell him was far from the truth but it would have hurt him much more if he found out she was only here for the money. The Queen was known to make well on her threats it was why she rather not to be apart of her bad graces longer . The woman disliked her so much it was unbelievable but who could Blame her , she would not like her either.

Sigh

She stood before the large wooden doors that was covered with gold and lined with other silver with beautiful designs, as the two guards stood at both ends face very serious eyeing her.

"State your business" the tall one said frightening her.

Josoline eyes narrowed to the door contemplating. Would it not be easier to just walk away.

" Is Prince Leonardo inside" she asked timidly.

"Yes but he wishes to not be disturbed lady Prescott" said the longer haired one.

"Ohh" she whispered unsure of what to do now.

"Okay thanks"she said turning on her heels to walk away then she stopped and eyed the door then the guards.

She forced a smile," could you tell him when he comes out that I love him and he was the best experience of my life..My Best mistake " she asked .

Both men looked at her the tall one smiled," very well then lady Prescott"

She smiled back and walked away.

------------

She sat in the carriage thinking of how she got here a pool of emotions came over her . Thinks didn't exactly work the way she planned , her spin grew weak and her prime and proper posture became unbearable . She held her self and cried, the tears streaming down her cheeks her face got red . Each memory came long with tears, the sadness of her family and the fact she was willing to sell herself to protect them more over the lied and how much she had done to think if it got out would ruined her to society.

The hurt of Becka's betrayal; how could one do this she thought becka was  her best mate, her Cousin but when push came she throw her under the carriage to let the horses trample her.

She sighed trying to catch her breath ,her breathing felt swollowed from all the crying.

She didn't look back as the carriage strode away in the evening and there she swore she would ever look back and open a new page.