Chapter 13 Tension

"What do you think your doing?" Asked Ethan angrily .

Leo lean against the door frame in his father's study. The king and queen present. After the opera that night the queen had suggested that the family got some alone time.

" I do not know what you speak of" Leo said mildly. He wondered if Josoline had made it to the old hide out. He shifted to his other foot," Mother how are you?"

" I am well my son but what is the matter with you boys?" Asked the queen she had dressed down now in a simple dress. She sat in the settee with her husband looking between the boys.

" ask your son" Ethan hissed glaring at Leo who had not a care for him.

"Leo?" Said Her small voice in barely a whisper.

He looked at the beauty that was of his mother and smiled not even she was immune to his charms. " He is just upset that the young lady he is smitten with has taken interest in me "

The queen sat still holding back a laugh, amused by her nephew's words.

The king chuckled, his husky voice boom the the air," every young lady will take interest in you my boy , you are the next king"

" my point father " he said looking at Ethan on the other side of the room." But Ethan is too childish to see what I mean...woman, ladies girls they are all the same "

Ethan brows shot up , Josoline wasn't like the rest. She didn't care for the small things she was beautiful and she listened to him.

" Josoline is not like the rest" Ethan said proudly.

" and how do you know that?" He asked stand straight now. Leo knew this but he had enjoy get a rouse out of Ethan.

" its obvious that they have been spending time together " Theo replied mildly. Leo glared at him.

" because she will make a great wife" Ethan replied.

" please you want a woman to be obedient to you " he spat.

" Its much more better than what your use of her, you only wish to deflower her" Ethan shot back. Ethan stacked up to him eyes blazing, " if you touch her Leo I will forget we are cousins."

The Queen shot to her feet surprise by her nephew this was now out of hand she looked at her husband who said nothing only smiling clearly amused by them, she walked towards them both men who stood eye to eye.

" you need to stop this now" she yelled at them both.

They're eyes never broke contact, " Do not temp me Ethan because you know I do not take well with idle threats"

" Leonardo?" His mother called.
He looked at her, " why are you troubling Ethan, if you know he like this girl why not leave him"

A lopsided grin play in Leonardo thin lips" who said I do not feel for lady Josoline" , he knew his words had just affected Ethan because right then Ethan moved to the other side of the room and poured himself a drink.

" but son you said you didn't want a wife?" His mother asked worriedly, she wanted him to marry and be happy but her son didn't see it like that. His thought of marriage as just bedding one woman , she knew her boys very well and she knew Leonardo would of made a great king with or without a wife.

The king and Theo watched on.

" Mother I didn't say I was going to marry her" he said taking her hands kissing them

" oh son-"

She was cut off when Ethan countered, " but I will" he grinned at Leo.

His mother touched his cheeks and his jaw tighten under her touch because for the first time he felt something for Josoline other than lust. His mother searched his eyes and realized that he did feel for this lady Josoline.

---------

This chapter is short but I wanted to dapple with the tension between the two.

Team

#Leo #Ethan

Vote comment because you guys motive me to go on..