Chapter 34 A night of truth

Ethan had sent for Miss Bucket ,she scurried about getting bandages and ice her little frame went up and down the dark halls she tried to be hasty in order to not Get master Ethan further upset than he was , she had never seen him like this for all the years she has known him. The man she saw upset upstairs was not the little boy she had helped raised, Now this was beyond her; she knew of the drama the entire staff knew as well.

Lady Josoline was pretty and ambitious for making these men fall for her and all it took was for her to bat those long lashes .

She hurried in the kitchen with the lantern and warmed a cloth.

Was lady Josoline going to get her memories back , because she knew Prince Leonardo would relentlessly go after her.She scuffed she wondered if there wasn't enough drama in the palace already.

With Master Theo secretly courting Lady Hanna and having sinful courting with lady Cecilia and to mention the drama with lady Drusilla and the Queen already favoring her for the Prince. Even the attack on lady Josoline's life from poor lady Madeline whose insecurity had drove her to that.

She knew it all because this was after all her home and every servant was her eyes and ears.

But she would not say a word if not necessary .

Ethan had sprained his wrist on Leo's face not that he was surprised; look at that man's jaw line.

Ethan sat at the edge of the settee a million thoughts ran through his mind. Was this what was happening under his nose, was he so naive that he couldn't have seen what was happening. He was so blinded by the affection that he had for his cousin .Maybe he thought atleast even if he wanted to pursue her he would of atleast had some level of respect for their relationship.

Josoline Sat at the other side of the settee unsure of what to say, She picked her nails in he lap. Her body felt tense all this animosity was stressing her out; On one hand she was so terrified of what was going to happen next ,Ethan was beyond angry. Ethan had looked beyond furious, his face was red and his vine stood out in his fore head this was diffidently going to get out of hand. She wondered what was Leo thinking for that scene he had created. She scooted over to him, She swallowed hard; not sure if he would deny her from touching him still unsure of what to say, she touched his hand in comforting him. Her hand brushed against his bruised own and he flinched and she jumped in surprise.

"_did I hurt you?" She murmured looking down at the bruised hand.

Silence ..tension

That's all that stood out.

"Did you.." He managed. His heart beat rapidly as he braced his self for the answer to the question he was about to ask.

All sort of thought rummage through his brain, all those moments when Leo had wished him was a lie. All these women in court would of fallen to his feet but why was he in....

Wait did he ??? Nah he thought he couldn't have . This was it, he had questions that he needed answers to.

"Lady Prescott? " He called . Looking up at her next to him. Her hair was in a mess as she bit her lower lip her eyes was sad they didn't have that glisten like before.

"Yes" She whispered unable to look at him.

" I want to ask you something and do not lie to me " Ethan demanded in a low ,dangerous tone that she hadn't hear before.

"Mhmm" she managed.

Her heart pounding forcefully against her chest, this was it was he going to ask her about her and Leo's affairs. His palms felt wet and he started to feel hot with anticipation for the inevitable

Wait......

Then it hit her this was indeed affair. She remembered all those times in the hidden chamber all those stolen moments they shared .

Everything came rushing back wid a sharp ache going through her head.

Her eyes grew wide and her lips felt dry. She moved her hands from his then touched her temple .

" Are you okay?" He asked still watching her intently. He still cared even though he was angry that made her feel even more guilty.

He thought she was afraid this was indeed true but the return of her memory was not in his mind.

" Are you alright? " he repeated.

She blinked rapidly and forced a smile, " yes" she lied she wasn't ready to tell him just yet but one thing she knew she had to make things right now she had to live to her truth she knew before she came here.

He cleared his throat, " I need to know if you knew of Leonardo's intension with you" he asked firstly.

" yes" she admitted.

He looked away from her feeling foolish that he hadn't seen this coming .

Sigh

Then rubbed his temple," Did he ever pursue you sexually? " this was the hardest thing he had to say.

He wanted to know but his heart hopped she was true to him

She contemplated on telling him the truth so this was it her only opportunity to tell the truth after all they were getting married.

" yes" she murmured feeling her eyes teared up.

Ethan was speechless he had hoped and hoped in vain

The only question was.

" Did you have sex with him? "
He clenched his fist and his jaw tighten.

She swallowed hard ," yes" She breath out tears running down her cheeks. She knew she had hurt him and she was so sorry

It had left her lips before she knew it . It felt as though she was holding her breath and that was the only way of breathing.

Silence

He stood, She watched as the tears fell from his eyes rolling down his cheeks. She knew she had betrayed his trust. All was coming to an end, would he marry her. Would this show go on , he had said nothing just stacked out the room slamming the door behind him. She flinched, She cried because this had gotten out of hand .She had hurt Ethan and Leonardo was out of control and when the truth got out he'd be ruined