chapter 19 The museum (pt2)

The night was young and the pupils were rather enjoying themselves. When the debutantes had gotten word of Leo's return each had tried to spear a moment. Every now again Josoline would try to see which young lady he entertained.

The entire night Leo was acting different , he wasn't his usual flirtatious self an that bothered her yet she was thankful. Leo's face was a mask of unreadable expressions, he smiled when he had to, nodded when he needed even though the debutantes tried there hardest for him to notice them.

" My dear I wish to ask you something? " Ethan questioned breaking her chain of thoughts.

She gave him a tight lipped smile, " as you wish sir Ethan ".

" Can we have a walk in the garden at noon tomorrow? " his handsome face grinned down at her as he asked.

Inwardly she had wish to say no but that would of appeared unladylike and uninterested.

She had to start pretending she thought if she wanted a proposal, she forced a blushed ," I would be pleased to join you"

----------------

Leo felt if he saw Ethan smile at Josoline once more or even touched her he'd start havoc but he was a prince and soon to be king, he had to know how to control his emotion ,truth be told his emotions only went haywire when it came to Josoline.

And that necklace, that bloody necklace it was beautiful. Why had Ethan even done that and here he was thinking that he would of given her a lovely set he had bought but Ethan would of made his gift seem mediocre.

How could his black diamonds compare with the pearls he cursed under his breath.

" Did you say something my lord?" lady Drusilla asked.

He cleared his throat, " no" he said bluntly. Her smile fell from her pretty face.

" Did I do something to offend you Prince Leonardo?" She managed,"because you have been quite harsh with me lately"

He looked at her pretty face and saw that cunningness he grew to know" well if I have my apologise "

" thank you " she grinned,"could we meet tonight in the little library ?" She whispered .

Leo's eyes met her grin," I cannot maybe next time " he had to deny her like time and time again, he had grew bored and tired of her and the only person he had wished to touch was Josoline her sweet innocents drove him mad , when he saw her at the back of the museum he thought himself blessed , when she looked at him as she did he couldn't help but go weak.

"But why?"asked a Astonished Drusilla.

the prince denying her was something becoming constant, how could he! did he find a new mistress , No she grumbled. She would not give up and had done so much already, who would marry her deflowered and she needed the crown if not her family would not have it. Even though he had made it clear and evident that taking a wife this season or next would not happen but she had gambled and she had gone a long way , so she had to come up with a plan.

" I am just not in the mood" he replied mildly. His eyes searched for Josoline and she was no where in sight, a sort of panic rose in his chest ." will you excuse me" he said walking away from Drusilla's claws before she had a chance to protest.

He maneuver his way through the flock of debutante, each tried to seek his attention and all went unnoticed, he eyes only in searched for Josoline.

" Brother.. " Theo called.

Leo turn around to his brother ," yes" he answered.

" I didn't expect you back so quickly " Theo said looking over his shoulder to see who is brother's eyes searched for, " I believe you left all happy on your trip" but saw no one special.

"I do believe that is no business of yours" Leo's face mask a unreadable expression, He tucked his hand in his trouser's pocket.

Theo glared at him," you know you have to make things well because of your indiscretions and you should be able to do things correctly " Theo hissed.

" As I said before little brother it is my sins so allow me to corrected them. So I do not need you breathing down my neck"Leo retorted.

"Just be sure because the families name is also at risk " Theo spat.

Leo rolled his eyes as he walked away, his eyes still in search for Josoline but she nor Ethan was in sight and that frustrated him.

Josoline he hissed, feeling his anger rising.

____________

" can I ask of you a favor? " Ethan asked as they walked the corridors of the museum speaking of each art pieces as they go.

Ethan stopped before the said painting that Leo told her of, Josoline thought coincidence but Ethan knew better because what he was about to do would give her lasting memories and he couldn't bear knowing that Leo could by chance win her.

" of course " Josoline replied feeling nervous, Ethan was predictable but there and then she send up a silent prayer that he didn't ask of Leonardo.

" I wanted to do this next evening but I'm too anxious to wait" Ethan said standing before her.

She gave him a tight lip smile and nodded.

He sized her hands with his and smiled down at her," Would you Lady Josoline Prescott do me the prestigious honor in marrying me?"

Josoline felt the blood drain from her face , everything spinning was she hearing corrected did Duke Ethan just ask Her to marry him. The anxiousness she felt was going to her head. Her breath hitched and her lips when dry.

" I..I.." She stuttered

*********

Pictures of the necklace Ethan gave her on the side...enjoy

Vote

Comment plz

Thanks for reading lovelies