Chapter 38 the moment of tears

The sun had set the carriage ride had done more good than bad for her ,it had took josoline two days to get to the Prescott manner . She thought of all the reason and all the responsibility she took on now she needed a new start , she was done with living for her family she would go back to the way she was before the bankruptcy saga.

The Queen had sent for her family so they had returned home. Josoline climbed out of the carriage and looked at the manner, it's old gray and white color now bore her the house no longer felt like home.

The door flew open and her mother and father emerged with the servants. Her mother wore a grin and her father's face pleasant always, she embraced them as the servants took her bags from the footmen.

" My child "Edith said. Her Small firm seem slimmer.

But Josoline only stared and forced a smile.

"Mother , father" she said embracing her father. Oh she missed him she thought, she needed them more than ever.

"Ohh you look so pretty, I've missed you so, i'm so sorry I couldn't of made it to the palace after getting word of your accident. " said Edith cupping her daughter's face But she said nothing

" Okay dear allow her to come inside." James said with chuckle.

They had felt guilty for not being able to be there for her when she had needed them but little did she knew pride gotten in the way and the illness her Father had that josoline did not know of.

She fixed her cloak following them inside.

They sat in the seating room, the butler had took josoline cloak. She looked about the familiar room that had held memories and dreams she eyed her parents who seem so proud of her.

"Sweet heart are you okay?"asked John entering the seating room.

"Maris get us some tea and biscuit please Josoline most be hungry" said her mother.

" yes madam" replied the short freckled face boy leaving the room. He was new josoline thought.

James brows furrowed , he knew something was wrong," are you okay dear?" After getting word from the Queen and having their debts paid he knew there was so much more to her arrival the Queen had only implied about her injuries and that she needed home and rest.

Josoline stood still and blinked rapidly," yes"

" I know you may not re-" Edith started

" I remember everything mother" she retorted. " My memory came not too long ago"

She walked over to the settee and sat," I am fine just a little tired" she lied.

" Josoline I know we have kinda lack presence when you had the accident but I hope you understand why we could not make it" her mother said whole heartedly.

She forced a smile,Unable to hold the tears back longer.

" I messed up mam and papa...." she cried," I disgraced the Prescott name " she said falling at her father's knee's.

Her mother's face stuned and her father's browed furrowed," what are you talking about?" he asked.

" I ....I..." she stammered unable to put her words together. She had started confessed everything; the words left her lips before she had even realized, she told them of how it all started of how she had met Leonardo and the secret moments but he was never the type that wanted marriage; she told them of Duke Ethan and how much he loved her and she betrayed him with Prince Leonardo. How he proposed and of the life he planned of them and how her heart had been torn between the the two an how much she wanted to save the family from shame and ruin.

Mr and Mrs Prescott sat there stunned unable to speak , tears ran down her mother's cheeks. Then she told them of Becka's betrayal how she told the Queen everything and how she only wished to save her side of the family from ruining.

After a long moment of silence her father spoke," the Queen gave you the money because she didn't want a scandal up her family so she paid you off?"

She nodded wiping her face with the back of her hand.

" Oh my god" Edith gasped. Getting to her feet her palm over mouth.

"You had affairs with the crown prince josoline?" She continued astonished.

Josoline rose to her feet going towards her," mother you do not understand..." she cracked up," I fell in love with the wrong man" she said search for her mother to say the right things and hold her.

" Aww Josi" she responded touching her cheeks," you poor soul"

" Josoline Edith Prescott did I raise you to use your body in such away I tried to give you independence, I tired to give you everything"he yelled .

She jumped turning to him," papa?" She hiccuped.

" No .....you have done worst to our name I trusted you to do this for the family now you have done worse than your brother and sister"

"John " her mother gasped.

" Fa...ather" her voice cracked her face flushed .

" No!" John yelled." You slept with that boy and you didn't even get a ring now who will marry you josoline,?? You are no longer a virtuous woman " he retorted with disgust.

She stood there speechless, her body went numb from shame then came anger , how dear he say that; all respect she had was being tested. She did this , she took on all this for her family now he says this .

" How will I look at the men in the pub now" he whispered rubbing the bridge of his nose.

She snapped," just a minute papa...!!!!" she took a breath as they looked at her in shock at her out bursted . She tried steady her breath," I did this for our family, I tried to save us from being the laugh of society. I did not go with the intention of doing so but it happened and I love that man but he was not right for me father and Ethan was ,we were to get married but it all ended when I was attacked and when Leonardo got drunk an confessed his love for me that's when it went wrong."

" Just a minute" he yelled," I did not sent you out there to become a harlot"his rough voice boomed through the room.

His words felt like a slap to the face," father!" She breath.

" John do you not think you are overreacting this is our baby girl " Edith plead hold onto her hand.

" No Edith this is just too much " he threw his hands in the air, he robbed his hands through his gray brown hair, tears came to his as he stood before her  realizing his mistake." I am so sorry Josi....my baby that you had to go through that, I will send you off to America in the forth night." He cupped her face ," I love you Josoline and your mother and i were wrong to ever put you in such a position."

She only looked him on, they had money again and hearing him say this was a good thing she thought. Her life would never be the same again, Not after the palace.