chapter 17 Passion

Hay lovelies this chapter is for mature Readers only ..

Caution......

Phantoms-Daughter
Porthans
SherlockMarlainan

Thanks for your many love and support..

Picture of Josoline to the side

******

Ethan sat waiting for Josoline to return from the hunt to take up his offer for tea. She had arrived late and Leo was missing as well, that infuriated him. He was annoyed by Leo's actions, he could of had any one he wanted but why had it have to be Josoline. The young woman he choose, now that Leo was intrigued by her this was going to be a battle for her heart he was surly going to win.

"Duke?" Josoline called breaking him from his change of plots.

He looked up at her from where he sat and smiled." Are you okay? " she added.

He stood bowing,she dipped and curtsy he pulled out a chair for her then she smiled. He took his seat across the table from her," You look lovely lady Josoline " he complimented.

She forced a smile, " thank you, you look dashing "

The maid poured the tea and served pastry they ate in silence for a while then Ethan asked," where were you half of the hunt, you disappeared?" His voice low and casual.

She looked at him for any sign of him being upset, " I was with Prince Leonardo " she said deciding to tell the truth.

He eyes met hers," with out a chaperone?"

Josoline put her tea cup down feeling nervous, " well yes" she whispered looking up at where lady Lisa an middle age Governess sat at the other table. A blush creeped in from embarrassment, she had known that it was wring because they had had several unchaperoned meets .

Ethan's jaw flexed at her response," Did anything special happen between the two ?"

Josoline brow arched , she felt as if she was his wife and she had an affair, " No not really " she lied.

Ethan stared at her, her beautiful face showing no tension. He knew his cousin and even if nothing had happened doesn't mean it wouldn't.

" Okay but he does know we are courting?" Ethan asked , all of a sudden feeling Territorial.

Her brows shot up," well ..uhm" she stuttered." I..."

" Lady Prescott you do know I feel for you, it may as well be love " he said gazing into her eyes from across the table.

She felt as if she was going to have an anxiety attack., " Duke...uhm" she stuttered., " I did not know that" she lied.

His handsome face grinned at her," well you have never asked " he joked.

She manage to retrieve her tea from the table with shaky hands trying to look poise ." very well than, how was your day ?" She asked changing the topic.

Ethan noticed and said nothing because he realized weather lady Josoline admit it or not she was feeling for his cousin and that was unacceptable .

" It was productive" Ethan said smiling at her.

She smiled back, butterflies in the pit of her stomach. She wanted to run from him because the guilt she felt of not loving him, her secret meetings with Leo and that her family needed his money.

------------

Leo sat in the hidden chambers waiting Josoline's arrival. He felt anxious , his palm sweaty, n the fear of she not coming in the back of his mind. He looked around the room smiling , he had made that same young maid making it look presentable. He made her swore to secrecy and to be loyal to him only.