Chapter Thirty-Two

Not edited

Copyright © 2017 by Mishoushou

"Your vitals are at a good level, your cuts seem to be healing properly, I am happy to say Ms. Perez that you're going to be fine." I felt as if a huge amount of weight was lifted off my shoulder. I smiled at Doctor Lawrence and smiled at my family who all stood next to me while the doctor told me the good news. As he proceeded to head out he winked at Hunter and whispered 'Bye Sugar' to him but loud enough so we could all hear what he said. I managed to  chuckle but to my dimise I felt my diaphragm crack. Was that normal? I asked myself.

I winced at the pain while also smilimg at everyone. We had just gotten some good news and I didn't want to ruin that. I forgot to ask the doctor when I would be getting discharged. I was tired of being in a hospital.  I was tired of the room, the bed, the windows, everything! I was just so tired of it all. I spent too much time in this hospital, I couldn't remember most of my memory or the things that had happened to me. Each day I fought with myself to get a little more, to remember something so that I wouldn't feel so useless.  But nothing. Nothing came to mind and I was sick of it. I knew Hunter was growing tired of this. The way he looked at me with so much pain and regret and love? No it's not love. The bad boy does not love someone like me. All I am is just some girl who just so happens to be his neighbor, who got stuck in a cabin with him and who does not know what happened to her. I was tired.

"So, when do we party," Beatriz said. Of course, who would my cousin be if she did not want to have a party. I tried to smile at her. Yeah, tried. My side was burning. I put my hand where it hurt and tried to feel it. Maybe its just from the bruising and nothing was wrong but it burned. Doctor Lawrence said I would be fine and was going to heal in no time. Oh how time had passed by. I'm going to have to try to catch up since I missed a whole year. And now I'm a senior, well if I can get out of this bed I'll be.

"Obviously now right now you twit," Now it was Mehilda's turn to speak. Before they got into a big argument about whether or not we would have a party. Hunter's phone rang. He ignored it and looked at me. I blushed knowing my face would turn completely red. I started at the white wall. I started to remember when that guy came in the room and-

"Bzzt Bzzzt!, " This time it rang louder. Frustrated, Hunter reached into his pocket while still watching me with a concerned face. I knew he had not slept in a while. I saw it in his eyes, the dark circle underneath them told me all I needed to know. At least he was still fit. His black v-neck hung tight on his torso, his bicept showing themselves. His shirt was so tight that you could see his abs underneath. I blushed even harder, he saw me raving his body. Oh no! A smirk appeared on his lips as he brought the phone to his lips, his eyes still on me.

"Hello," everyone's gaze was now on Hunter as he spoke to this unknown individual. Beyonce and Jazz came to his side. "How are you feeling," asked Beyonce. How was I feeling? I didn't want to alarm them about my side hurting so much and the lack of air entering my body. I am getting so good at hidding how I feel, maybe too good. I would have to tell them eventually, but not now, not after what everyone has been through.

"I feeling so much better," I lied. What was the point? Lying would get me nowhere. I could be harming myself more than I think I'm damaging, but right now, this is not the time. I smiled at them. Oh how I had missed them, I had not seen them for a while, I wonder where they were this whole time. "Where have you guys been, haven't heard from you guys. You usually text me all the time and then you two suddenly stopped," Its true. Everyone had shifts to who would look after me. They thought I did not know of this but it isn't rocket science. I smiled at them waiting for an answer. Jazz was about to say something until Hunter spoke.