Chapter Thirty-Four

"Can you repeat that because it sounded like you said that you loved me..." my mind was playing tricks on me.  My memories were barely coming to me which made it so hard sometimes. Maybe I was still asleep and I was just dreaming that the only guy who seemed to care about me just told me that he loved me. Ha  my mind had a funny way to mess with me .  Not funny mind, so not funny.

"Actually no, I'm pretty sure that I'm just going crazy after putting my body through rigorous activities. I'm just hallucinating and it's not happening. I bet you it's because of the lack of oxygen that I was deprived of during my workout trying to prove myself worthy, wow it's hot in here. Is it really hot? Can you not feel this heat? I..."  Like he always seemed to do when I talk too much, Hunter placed his lips on mine and I melted in his arms as he wrapped his hands on my waist and gave it a light squeeze. His lips were so soft. All thoughts escaped my mind and I melted in his arms. A soft moan escaped my mouth as his tongue hungrily slipped into my mouth. Honestly, if anyone walked into this room, I would not care. We both fight for dominance but he wins. His hands roam my body; from my waist to down to my thighs and back to my hand. He takes my hands in his and intertwines our fingers together. I sighed into the kiss. This just felt so right. I break away from the kiss from my lack of oxygen but Hunter doesn't stop his trails of kisses. From my mouth to my cheek; from my cheek to my eyes; from my eyes to my forehead; and from my forehead to my neck.

"You heard me..." He breathes in between kisses as he continues to assault my neck with his oh so soft lips. His lips on my neck was so distracting that I wasn't able to comprehend what he said until after his lips moved from my neck to my collarbone then to the other side of my neck. His teeth grazed the skin. Another moan escaped my lips. How was I supposed to concentrate and formulate my speech when his lips were everywhere. I felt like I was on morphine. After each surgery, I was placed on morphine for the pain and it felt great. He felt like drugs, but he was my drug. Hunter was my drug... I thought to myself.

"Say it again..." I whispered. It was so hard to say those three words. Not only because I was practically begging him to say it again but my voice came out in pants and moans. This felt so great, we should do this more often. Hunter stopped his assault on my neck and a whimper almost left my lips, almost. I couldn't mask the disappointment in my eyes or the fear they held as the thought of him saying that he was just joking and that this was all a ruse raked my brain. His hands still in mine, he looks at me straight into my eyes. His face was so close, the happiness or the rejection I was about to endure scared me to bits. I searched his eyes for any mischievous deeds but found nothing but sincerity and seriousness. I held a breath and waited for him to speak.

"I meant what I said Alex, I love you. I think I have for a while now but I was just too scared to tell you because of all the things you were going through with the accident, you losing your memory and I'm still hoping that you remember me. I waited by your side for all those months, waited for you to open those beautiful eyes of yours but when you asked me who I was, you don't understand how much that hurt. I know it's not your fault because you have no say whether or not you get rid of your amnesia but I was in a terrible place." he paused and waited for me to say something but I kept quiet. Tears were threatening to come out but I would not dare let them go. "Then you started to accept me and I was happy and I could care less about the past and was just worried about the future. Our future..."

A comfortable silence fell between us. A pen drop could be heard. The light rain shower could be heard as the drops of water hit the window. I broke eye contact with Hunter and looked outside to see that it was dark. The lights from the other buildings shone against the window. It looked so pretty. I slowly turned my head back to meet his eyes. His words so sincere that it scared me.