Chapter Thirty-Five

Honestly, I don't think I was supposed to be out of the hospital; but the way the sun kissed my exposed skin and the wind blew pass me felt amazing. And I finally felt free. Not knowing how the IV was supposed to fit in his car, Hunter led me to the parking lot. While walking there, I looked up at him and studied his features. In the past week, his hair had grown, his subtle more prominent, his lips more inviting. His eyes were full of emotions, mainly because of me. I felt guilty that I had put him through so much.

We stopped in front of a car which I'm guessing was his car. I looked up at him not knowing how the IV was supposed to fit. I wasn't even discharged from the hospital. I had a week left and would return back to school the Monday after. Was I excited to go back to school? Yes and no. Yes because I would finally finish my senior year even though I had missed half of the school year, but since I was ahead, so I was told, I wouldn't have to retake any courses. I had been reviewing in the hospital constantly trying to catch up. I even made Hunter sit down and learn with me. He hated every minute of it but did it for me. We stop there for a minute before he stretched my hand and took out the IV.

"What are you doing?!" I gasped. He paid me no attention and continued to take it out of my arm. I winced in pain. He gave me an apologetic look. After taking out the IV, a spec of blood oozed out of my arm. Hunter elevated my hand and licked the blood. I stood there in shock. Did he just...no... He closed his lips and kissed it.

"Let's go," he opened the car door for me and gave me a slight nudge. I was still in shock because of  his actions a minute ago. I sat down in his sleek black car. The red leather seat gave the car a nice look. I held onto my now soar arm as Hunter got into the car and pulled out of the parking lot. I had no idea where we were going. I said I was leaving but I meant going back to my room not actually leaving the hospital. Weren't the nurses going to alarm the police because I was missing? I didn't want to get it trouble.

"Where are we going?" I asked. Hunter glances at me and smirked at me. He was driving pretty fast but the car purred each time he stepped on the pedal. We were passing by a lot of buildings, then trees. After an hour of driving, we were at the beach. Hunter pulled into the parking lot and hurried to the side of my car to open the door for me. I smiled at him as he took my hand in his once more and we started walking.

This felt peaceful. I took off my white sandals and he took off his sperry's. We were walking hand in hand on the beach. We stopped in front of the water. I wanted to dip my toes in so badly so I reluctantly let go of his hand and walked into the water. The water was warm and inviting. I wanted to swim in the water but I didn't have any other clothes. So I just stood there and stared at the endless pool of water. It was still sunny out but it looked as if the water was about to set. Hunter came behind me and wrapped his hands around my waist and leaned his head on my neck. I relaxed into his arms and hurried myself further into him.

We stood there for a while. The waves crashing against the sand and the subtle wind was the only thing that could be heard. I sighed, a tear escaping my eyes. My life was so messed up and I couldn't seem to remember a big chunk of my life. I had a stalker who didn't seem to want to leave me alone and get out of my life. But I also had this amazing man who waited five months for me to wake up just for me to not know who he is. Even though I didn't remember Hunter before the accident, I trusted him. I even loved him. We fell into a comfortable silence, Hunter began to slowly rock us side to side. The sun was slowly setting from bright yellow, to orange, then pink and then black. I never wanted this moment to end. Hunter let go of my waist and I suddenly felt cold. He took my hand in his and we picked up our shoes. We're walking back to the car I thought to myself. I didn't want to go back to the hospital.